By Makeitdance - 11/05/2014 14:46 - United States - Pleasanton

Today, a customer asked me how long our 6-inch sandwich was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 454
You deserved it 5 043

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wasn't it some foreigner? I don't know how much 1 inch is too, because we use centimeters here

Comments

Should of told him your 6 inch sub was a foot and a half long.

Have you considered that the customer is a foreign and they dont know how long is 6-inch because the rest of the world use cm instead

"your 6 inch sub is only 5 inches. the next person who doesnt ask how long the 6 inch sub is will be getting an 7 inch sub instead."

I had a lady at Wendy's ask if we had french fries.

That's not a completely stupid question. Subway was caught out within the last couple of years when somebody posted a picture to their Facebook page with a "footlong" and a measuring tape showing it to be 11 inches, asking for an explanation. Their response is that the term "footlong" is a trademark and doesn't necessarily guarantee the size.

Well u wanna see what it looks like.i do it all the time

Haha ive done that several times myself and had many customers ask similar questions. Usually its people just being thoughtless or had a long day and their brain has turned to mush. however there are some that are just that stupid and you really realise the extent of it working in customer service

Britt125 16

I would have shown them the bun, often times when people ask that they just can't visualize the size of it and it's not that they're just too stupid to understand 6 inches is the size. I used to get this at work with various items that were packaged and sometimes people would ask about the size even if it said on the package, most of the time they just wanted help opening it or a tape measure or something that would give them a visual idea of the size because sometimes you just need that visual. I mean a 6inch sub it shouldn't be that hard to figure out the approximate size, but maybe they were having a dumb moment (we all have them) or are from another country that uses the metric system and the just aren't familiar with inches. It's not really a big deal.

Fair question since subway's foot long measures out to about 11 inches.

I know how you feel, OP. I had a customer once ask if our quesadillas had cheese in them... Just don't let the stupidity of others dampen your day.