By Makeitdance - 11/05/2014 14:46 - United States - Pleasanton

Today, a customer asked me how long our 6-inch sandwich was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 454
You deserved it 5 043

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wasn't it some foreigner? I don't know how much 1 inch is too, because we use centimeters here

Comments

I work at a sub shop too I've been asked "what kind of meat comes on the veggie sandwich?" Haha I feel your pain!!

It's people like that, that make me feel so smart.

She/he probably just wanted you to show you with fingers :)

xxrebelsxx 13

Maybe he wasn't sure what 6 inches looked like and wanted a visual measurement (like show the bread or an estimate with your hands)

Why is this a FML? Sure, it was a stupid question, but does that really make your life worse somehow? Grow up.

Just respond very loudly at him, but not quite yelling, "Our SIX inch sandwich is SEVEN inches LOONG."

That's a fair question unfortunately since most sub places don't actually have to have the sandwich the size that is advertised. For example a subway sub is actually just a little over 11 inches but it says it's a foot long. So you deserve it for just assuming that everyone knows the exact size of your sandwich.

This happened to me once except with bottled water "We have 1L or 500mL" They replied with "I'll have whichever ones the smallest"