By Anonymous - 06/02/2011 17:53 - United States

Today, while waiting on a customer at a restaurant, I accidentally asked a midget if she'd like a children's menu. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 755
You deserved it 30 563

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that must have been embarrassing for you, but she probably has to put up with that frequently, so I would say f her life. Not for being of short stature, but more for the confusion, jokes, and stares she probably deals with daily.

Apologize, tell her it was an honest mistake and offer her the meal (or drinks, whatever) for free.

Comments

TrollsHaveSouls 0

thats what she said when he saw his penis

hasn't everyone done that? lol :) that sucks op

mintcar 9

Yeah, I would be hugely offended also. Try not to worry too much anyway, life is too short.

This is meant to be a reply to number #1

marble180 0

Wow, that must have been embarrassing for you, but she probably has to put up with that frequently, so I would say f her life. Not for being of short stature, but more for the confusion, jokes, and stares she probably deals with daily.

Apologize, tell her it was an honest mistake and offer her the meal (or drinks, whatever) for free.

agreed. I think this is a really good idea

KingDingALing 9

I don't think her boss would like it very much if the OP gave free food for a mistake she made...

well its that or they no longer have her business and if need be the girl can pay for the meal

krazy_glu3 0

pfft I would just apologize. I really see no need for free food. I'm sure she's used to it, and has heard worse. maybe she laughed at OPs mistake. i don't think free food should be offered. people need to grow up and realize mistakes are made, and need to stop being so sensitive. sheesh

44 is right, Op was probably very busy serving people, and so simply looked at their height. I mean, who really looks at someone who's short, and thinks "Hm, there's a 0.1% chance it could just be a midget, i should probably get a closer look" Simple honest mistake, and since you didn't put that the girl got extremely pissed off at you, or start crying, i'm sure everything will be fine. Free food indeed... tchh. I can't see this happening the other way around if OP gave a very tall child the adult menu...

rockyraccoon28 8

ahhh geez. midgets don't look like kids, they're just short. YDI.

wow really, they are called little people, not midgets.

Then how do you differentiate between midgets and dwarfs? Personally I'd find little people more insulting than being called a dwarf or midget.

rockyraccoon28 8

67, since I'm not an expert on "little people", I used "midget" because that's what OP used. I didn't know if there was a difference, or what was offensive and non-offensive.

#67 needs to learn that no one gives a shit.

Ugh, that must suck for the midget, not so much you. I agree with Doortje.

snagglepaste 0
OctaneX 0

If it happens again, just ruffle her hair (they love that). That should make it all better! Extra points for baby language.