The Talk

By TalkedTo - 14/11/2018 03:00

Spicy
Today, at 16 years-old, I got "the talk" from Dad. He began with, "I don’t really need to give you the talk do I? It would just be awkward for us both." I agreed with him, and we drove home in silence. Thanks for avoiding the awkwardness, Dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 345
You deserved it 374

Same thing different taste

Top comments

whiskey'swino 15

The Talk? He officially gave you The Silence. If you have any questions just ask the internet, what could go wrong?

It is awkward, but sometimes the talk can be useful, even more so for those who are curious, but do not know who to turn to. A coworker of mines did it for both her son and daughter (not at the same time) by initiating the conversation through pictures on what to avoid from her nursing textbooks.

Comments

Just remember to keep yourself wrapped up whenever you go and play.

julfunky 29

This is a FML? More like “a basic story from a normal life.”

It is awkward, but sometimes the talk can be useful, even more so for those who are curious, but do not know who to turn to. A coworker of mines did it for both her son and daughter (not at the same time) by initiating the conversation through pictures on what to avoid from her nursing textbooks.

whiskey'swino 15

The Talk? He officially gave you The Silence. If you have any questions just ask the internet, what could go wrong?

Actually, the sex advice sub Reddit isn't a bad place to ask for advice.

Deez_Knots 10

I don’t have any conversations with my father. If we’re driving together we just awkwardly silently get where we’re going. That’s how it should be

GUYMAINE 16

Should've asked him about docking

I’d prefer silence than hear Dad’s account of how Mom likes her salad tossed and massaging Dad’s prostate.

avertle 9

So when a man and woman love each other very much....

I'm missing something here. I'm just not quite getting the problem.