The betrayal of it all

By Ih8Snitches - 23/09/2022 10:30 - United States

Today, I found out that no matter how friendly a coworker is to you, never vent to them about how the job "is a total shitjoint but pays good” and that the manager “sounds like Cyndi Lauper on crack.” Apparently a listening ear is also a running mouth. I was fired. FML
I agree, your life sucks 463
You deserved it 1 547

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI. I learned at 15, co workers are not friends because you never know who they are friends with.

At work, discuss only work. Don’t go there to make friends. Keep your distance and give minimal information on your personal life.

Comments

YDI. I learned at 15, co workers are not friends because you never know who they are friends with.

At work, discuss only work. Don’t go there to make friends. Keep your distance and give minimal information on your personal life.

Girls just wanna have fun. And work is not usually fun, so Cyndi Lauper on crack just put her lyrics into action. So, what you gonna do with your life?

(1) Never say things you wouldn’t want your manager to hear to a coworker. (2) Be courteous and cooperative with co-workers, but don’t assume they are your friends. By the way “venting” about your job or manager might give you some immediate feeling of relief. But trust me, NO ONE WANTS TO BE VENTED ON! No one wants to hear you go on a tirade about your boss or job. Ultimately there are just too many opportunities for your words to get back to your boss…

No, you were fired because you caused toxic environment. Let me elaborate, you mocked work at work to a coworker, you were gossiping behind back, and making inappropriate comparisons against a colleague. Know your audience and don't s.it where you eat.

luckily I learned that as a teen. you never get close with co workers. keep it simple, weather, how ya doing etc. even if you become friends it can go south for any reason and they will be the first one to be nice to your face but talk crap about you to your back.

I learned the hard way that talking crud about bosses to co-workers even if it’s just a supervisor will get you fired faster than you can say boot legged, that taking something to HR without proof is your career death sentence, and that some bosses will bribe people to not get fired and get rid of the people they see as threats. Also even if your boss sounds like Cyndi Lauper on crack, you don’t say that.