Thanks guys

By Anonymous - 29/04/2009 00:05 - Canada

Today, I was walking into my living room when I slipped over the carpet, bashed my head on my glass table, and was moaning in pain on the floor. My parents came running when they heard my head bang… straight to the table, to see if there were any scratches on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 121
You deserved it 3 238

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jordn_fml 0

my mom did something exactly the same. I was carrying a small size filing cabinet down the stairs for her. Needless to say, I lost balance because my cat was winding her way between my legs purring and fell down 1/2 a flight of stairs twisting my ankle in the process. I got yelled at by my mother for scaring her cat and dropping the filing cabinet on her nicely stained oak stairs, scratching them.

I'd be pissed if my parents did that. FYL! :(

Comments

This one's fake... it's the same as the one below it and the same as a million other ones that have already gotten through / are in the mods, failing to get through. "My parents like the dog more. My parents don't care about me. My parents want my dog to be happier." etc. Blah,blah,blah.

# 12 - just cause there are other ones like this doesnt mean its fake! i could write 20 that sound JUST like this! and guess what... they arent fake! this FML has happened to be, but with a stool instead of a table. i had a black eye. i have also had them care more about the dog.... of course i care more about ANYthing than my ******* step-grandpa who i have to live with but thats a different story... anyways, my point it... i feel your pain and im sorry. how's your head?

PYLrulz 17

#12 - Could be fake, but you would also be suprised how many of these types of stories play out like described

I think people forget about how rough they were on themselves when they were kids. It's not that your folks don't care but that they know you're tough enough to take it... Or they're just assholes.

This is like my mom, she cares way more about her house plants than us sometimes! I'm not sure if she still does this, but when I lived at home it happened all the time--she had some plants behind the dining room table where we ate. Sometimes it was tricky to back your chair and get up from the table without hitting them. I can't tell you how many times I hurt myself on the table or chair trying to be careful and all she'd say was that I better not have disturbed the plants... Ah, parents.

snake_Girl85 0

Maybe they were checking for broken glass, to ensure that you didn't have any embedded in your skull? Just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, though I would still think instinct would drive them to check on YOU first...

poolshark 0

A million years ago when I was 11 or so, I fell down the entire flight of stairs (bouncing off of a wall halfway), head over heels, and proceeded to land head first on a hard linoleum floor. I screamed and at the same time the phone rang; of course, my mom answered the phone. It was my friend on the line and my mom told her I couldn't come to the phone because I was too busy being a big baby. She had no clue what had actually happened to me because she didn't even check, meanwhile I thought I had a concussion/broken neck.

pancakelover 0

That happened to my friend, except she was in the shower and she slipped and pulled down the shower curtain. Her boyfriend came running upstairs just to make sure that the shower curtain and the rod weren't ripped or broken. I laughed so hard, because it's something he would do.

Your parents have personality disorders. Psycological fail. :D