Supervision

By cocoapuffs4life - 10/06/2015 23:45 - Canada - Aurora

Today, I was told by my manager to make sure the supervisor on shift does his job. Last month I was told I couldn't be a supervisor. Apparently I can supervise someone who earns more than I do though. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 714
You deserved it 1 729

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like you're trusted, so hopefully they're saving you for a better position! Hopefully.

So you watch someone that watches you. INCEPTION..!

Comments

Not everyone can be a supervisor. Maybe you were turned down because all the supervisor positions are full. To me, this request sounds promising for you that you may get a supervisor position when one opens up.

"That is above my pay grade, sorry." Or " That isn't in my current job description." Either one should send the message.

who knows maybe your boss has noticed things not getting done he could be thinking about promoting you to take the current supervisors place.

"Is there just a chain of mailmen delivering each other's mail?"

So they want you to supervise ? Say no and if if you want to promote me to supervisor and pay me for it I'll do it that's very cheeky of them to do that

katachristic 19

"I suppose a P.O. box could, in theory, break the chain..."

Do what is aked for a short time. If things have not improved in several months start looking for a new job. You deserve so much more.

Tell them if they want you to supervise, they need to make you a supervisor.

I would tell him to go kick rocks, that is not your responsibility.