By Noname - 18/03/2009 01:24 - United States

Today, while I was out to eat, I was approached by the restaurant manager. He told me that while he respected my personal choices, his patrons didn't feel comfortable with someone who used to be a man using the women's restroom. He thought I was a transsexual. I am a naturally-born female. FML
I agree, your life sucks 383 987
You deserved it 36 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see why people would be uncomfortable seeing someone using the restroom, I mean the woman's washroom have stalls... unless you were standing while peeing... or doing perverted shit by peeking on someone then yea. I'm a female and I walk into the guy's if the girl's is locked. Seriously, transsexual or not, if you have to go you have to go. But then again a guy wouldn't be comfortable seeing a female in their washroom. I feel for you but I can't help but laugh at this situation.

Most transgendered people I know look *fantastic*, you'd be hard pressed to tell. That aside, what the manager did was also against the law (at least in the US). Transgendered people who have undergone sexual reassignment surgery are then LEGALLY the gender they transitioned to. In other words, if you are a transgendered person born a man who transitions to a woman and has surgery, you can have your birth certificate altered. You can also now legally marry a woman in any state in the United States, because you ARE a woman. And all THAT aside, I wouldn't care if someone was a transvestite, if you're dressed as a woman feel free to use the bathroom. Unless the person (ANY PERSON) is doing something other than appropriately using the facility...who cares. :P What a bigot that manager was!

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
whatacoolkid 0

Something similiar happened to me. I had gotten a pretty short haircut and was holding the door for an elderly, overweight teacher. She smiled at my kindness and then said, "Thank you, sir." I'm a girl. I was in shock for about half a minute. But I think this is much worse. FYL. If I were you, I'd slap that @#$%^&*! across the face. ahaha

Only problem is that because he thinks your a dude hed knock your teeth out and rightfully so a another man dont cross that boundary unless they want a war. And you couldnt call the cops because Trannies and men are well in societies eyes men. So youd have to fight your own battles. Cops are for BIO women only.... How do I know Im a Intersex/female identified TS... So hey if want your face re arranged go ahead smack him.

I hope you punched him in the balls. If I had been with you we could have beaten him together : )

Shookitup 0

I don't know where you're from, but in Ontario, where I live, a transsexual could probably sue the restaurant owner for discrimination, let alone have the cops on their side. Still, that was rude of him to assume that the OP was a transsexual without having a very good reason.

Fuckyou88 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Lopo2012 0
SW500 13

It's just how restaurant owners are with CPL holders here, discriminating against us.

No, he thought she USED TO BE a dude, retard. Is it nice view from up there?

hold up... why does dressing in woman's clothes mean you should be able to use the woman's rest room? If I dress as a dude can I use the men's? ideas like this could open the door to perverts who just want to pry. There's a reason there's rules in place. I understand the difference with transexuals and the like but there's a fine line.

no you still need to use the mens room

Perverts are going to be perverts whether its in the bathroom or not. I live in Texas though so unfortunately that isn't going to be accepted here for a long time.

no, use the bathroom of the gender you were born with. your chromosomes are still the same your gender never changed.

Sticks101 10

No. It’s like a man going into a woman’s bathroom

I don't see why people would be uncomfortable seeing someone using the restroom, I mean the woman's washroom have stalls... unless you were standing while peeing... or doing perverted shit by peeking on someone then yea. I'm a female and I walk into the guy's if the girl's is locked. Seriously, transsexual or not, if you have to go you have to go. But then again a guy wouldn't be comfortable seeing a female in their washroom. I feel for you but I can't help but laugh at this situation.

CanadianHuney 0
TheExploder 0

ummmmm I don't think you're supposed to do that......

lolmonster34 0

You walk into the guys washroom??

you_failed 15
sonasonic 34

#263 your username describes everything.... XD

lol I would have gone all macho on him

I agree with #3. I think you obviously appreciate some humor in this situation or you probably wouldn't have put it on FML, but man, that does suck.

that's pretty freaking rude of the manager to tell you that. were you dressed in guys clothing or something? lol that hurts.

usnwife 18

I can't really blame the owner, other patrons had complained, if he didn't approach her he would have lost the business of all the others, and he actually seemed to be fairly nice about it, considering what he was saying... :/ Does suck, and fyl op, but I cant really blame the owner

So if you get a bunch of rednecks complaining about a person of colour in a restaurant, does that mean racism is ok because he would have "lost custom"?

kewpiesuicide 29

An mtf would never 'dress like a dude' because they don't consider themselves to be a dude. They wouldn't have a 5 0'clock shadow or a short haircut because in order to 'blend in' they need to be more feminine than most biologically born females.

kmarie22_613e 25

What is “guys clothing”? pants?

Most transgendered people I know look *fantastic*, you'd be hard pressed to tell. That aside, what the manager did was also against the law (at least in the US). Transgendered people who have undergone sexual reassignment surgery are then LEGALLY the gender they transitioned to. In other words, if you are a transgendered person born a man who transitions to a woman and has surgery, you can have your birth certificate altered. You can also now legally marry a woman in any state in the United States, because you ARE a woman. And all THAT aside, I wouldn't care if someone was a transvestite, if you're dressed as a woman feel free to use the bathroom. Unless the person (ANY PERSON) is doing something other than appropriately using the facility...who cares. :P What a bigot that manager was!

*cough* LAWSUIT*cough* I'd definitely make sure that manager wouldn't ever be able to do that again.

Even WITHOUT surgery she could use the woman's restroom. However, Businesses do reserve the right to refuse to anyone for ANY reason.

It doesn't matter what the manager says. If you are in a public place and you are dressed you have every right to be in that bathroom. The "patrons" can pee in a bush if they have a problem.

starberries 0

127, no, they can't deny a customer use of the restroom.

Make_Lemonade 13

Bigot? For what, protecting the privacy of women? I don't care if a dude went as far as to have his balls removed and had a plastic uterus installed. A man is a man is a man, and I don't want him in the toilet stall next to mine while I change my tampon.

Javee 17

Agreed! Plus you made me laugh. :P

How about if the restaurant owner told you to change it in the gents?

Except when the "man" is a woman, and was born as a woman. You saying she should use the gents because she doesn't look like Barbie?

smarterthanyou804 5

You've obviously never been a business owner...

#1, 'if you're dressed like a woman than you should be able to use that bathroom', would that also apply to blatantly cross-dressing males? No-one providing a professional service should ever raise a point such as that, especially without conclusive proof. Even then, regardless of their history, it is the right of the woman use the women's toilets. #3, you have to admit that in all likelihood, a man using the women's toilets, even for legitimate reasons, has every chance of having charges pressed against him.

ak725 0

That's not professional at all. I wouldn't rule out that the manager just lost a bet or something. I wouldn't take it personal.

Awsome profile pic man i love fma still think they shoulda used the stone.

gqduck 0

I'd like to know where the hell you live that this sort of behavior is acceptable from the manager of a restaurant. You should have regressed to 4th grade and said something like "takes one to know one".