Stranded

By Anonymous - 27/12/2020 01:01 - United States - Saint Joseph

Today, my husband found out that not only has he tested positive for influenza A, but also has tested positive for Covid 19. My work won't let me return until I have isolated for 14 days from someone with Covid. Our house is really small. FML
I agree, your life sucks 857
You deserved it 136

Same thing different taste

Top comments

so you take a little vacation to take care of your husband as in your vows because having both of those could kill him very quickly with lung failure keep a close eye on him he starts to get congested bring him in to the emergency department

In New York, the Department of Health offers hotel rooms free of charge to people who need to isolate but can't at home. Maybe there's a program like that where you live.

Comments

so you take a little vacation to take care of your husband as in your vows because having both of those could kill him very quickly with lung failure keep a close eye on him he starts to get congested bring him in to the emergency department

In New York, the Department of Health offers hotel rooms free of charge to people who need to isolate but can't at home. Maybe there's a program like that where you live.

look into covid relief if where you live offers financial help for taking time off for covid. then do your best to distance and make sure he doesn't die... even loans might suck, but keeping the money rolling may not be as helpful with one of you dead... look at financial damage control and getting better. limit spending and eat cheaper for a bit.

Best you can do, as I know someone in literally the same situation: your husband needs to wear a mask. He takes the bedroom, you take the couch. You'll be living with isopropyl alcohol spray and he's only allowed to stay in the bedroom/bathroom. He will have to cover disinfection when he leaves the bathroom on his way out. You can always have a mini fridge next to him for drinks and you'll be providing him his meals to and from. He can always spray the tray you serve it to him on. Isolate yourselves as much as possible if you can't find somewhere else to go. Nurses do this daily with tonnes of patients in enclosed spaces all day. Mask at home as best you can, and test yourself two weeks after he's negative. Adding on, yeah it's tough, but if you have to work, and so does he, this is the fastest way possible to make it through without living in the same home!