Sounds reasonable…

By Immaculatedream - 27/07/2013 07:56 - New Zealand

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me after 4 perfectly happy years together. The reason? He had a dream in which his dead former girlfriend from when he was 13 told him she still loved him. He now believes his dead childhood sweetheart is trying to contact him and I'm "in the way of their love." FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 519
You deserved it 4 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

oj101 33

The curse of the number 13 lives on... Better get your rabbit's foot and 4 leaved clovers out.

Poor guy. It seems like her death really affected him. I think he needs to go to grief counseling; it might help him.

Comments

Hmmm not sure if you should be thankful he doesn't want to cheat on you with the dead?

heinous966 15

Sounds like the relationship is dead.

challan 19

OP, he needs mental help. If you've loved him for four years, I hope that you stick around to help him.

This Is a very different story depending on whether OP's dingleberry ex is 17 or 35. 17 and he's a grief stricken kid. Older than 25 and he's either lying to escape OP or has a psychological problem. OP's either FML or YDI depending on what she does next. Choose wisely, OP, choose wisely!!

if he is willing to break up with you over a dream, he probably would have done it eventually anyway. sorry op.

I think it's more about the fact that he can't seem to let go rather than the dream. All the dream did was remind him of his feelings.

Ya, I guess I didn't really think about it that way.you are right.

It's sad that he had to go through with the death of his girlfriend at such a young age. Very sorry for what happened between you two, OP.

#2 Really? She specified it was a girlfriend from when he was thirteen. You can't be in love at 13.

I really hope there is more to this story that you didn't have enough space to write, because this really sounds psychotic.

Actually it sounds like PTSD, the death of someone really close can be rather traumatic. We also don't know how she died, seems he hasn't dealt with her death. He doesn't sound psychotic just grieving and quite lost. Personally op if those last four years were really that great I'd hope you at least put some effort into getting him help. mental health issues are terrible and require good stable support systems to over come.

It's not the grieving that's psychotic, it's the fact that he thinks his girl is keeping him from having a relationship with a dead girl. That's crazy if you ask me.

Well it's good no one did ask you. Yeah I get that it does sound strange, but not everyone is the same about someone close to them dying. For me I couldn't care less about death because it happens too often to give a ****. For others they may never move on because some either can't forget their feelings or just at least want the chance to say one final goodbye. So yeah it may sound crazy at first but how about you put a little thought in it.

He's been with a new girl for four years now! So if he really hasn't "gotten over the girl," he shouldn't be with a new one.

99 You really enjoy being a twat don't you? For all you know the guy may have thought he was over it, but wasn't.

#24: Is that so? You tell that to all the young ones who haven't experienced "true love" yet. They are still learning. What they feel may be interpreted as love by them.