Rude

By -_- - 22/09/2013 18:00 - Canada - Waterloo

Today, I started my new job at a restaurant I really like. As I waited on my first customer, I suggested that he try the apple pie, because it's my favourite. He looked up at me and said, "Yeah? Figures! Lay off 'em, porky!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 386
You deserved it 6 121

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TrackGirl19 29

That was incredibly rude of him. Don't let a dick comment get to you!

people are not smart to be rude to the people who handle their food.

Comments

It's nice to work in a nice restaurant, they normally attract nice people. I hope he feels bad about what he said. We're all different and like different things!

Nice restaurants attract plenty of assholes.

happyfingers 15

Well that's mean... Sorry OP. People are jerks. :(

Nothing worse than working with customers. Whoever said 'the customer is always right' clearly never worked with them. Just ignore it and move on. Best way to deal with a rude customer is to be overly polite and helpful (it really bugs the rude ones).

How rude, but did they at least leave a decent tip? Or was he rude about that too?

Why do people here suggest bad service or doing something to the customer's food? Yes, it was a rude thing to say, but come on. People vote with their feet so good service will bring in more customers (hopefully at least) and bad service will take them away. I think the best revenge would be to show that you don't get offended by rude comments and serve him with a smile. I know it can be hard but when done successfully it can be pretty surprising.

It's to show how a lot of people think. If you're an ass to your server you will have things happen to your food (one day) and served with a fake smile. I've worked in the biz a long time and seen things you wouldn't believe if I told you! Also my managers are no better!

I wouldn't mind knowing. Knowledge is power.

Heathtastic 10

He may have accidentally found some spit in his food after that.

Bagman2014 8

Put dish soap in his food just a lil bit :)

Remember when you're out on a date: if your date is rude to the waiter or waitress, but nice to you...he or she is not a nice person.

The first time I saw/heard this advice before, I was amazed at how this wasn't obvious. Why would you ever associate with anyone who is rude to a complete stranger?

perdix 29

You should laugh it off and give him a free slice on the house -- seasoned with boogers, ear wax and boob sweat.