Romantic evening

By Neglected - 11/12/2013 19:06 - United States - Wimberley

Today, I told my husband it would be great to spend an evening with a bottle of wine and a pile of blankets on the balcony of our cabin during the cruise. He decided it would be great to ditch me and go out gambling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 199
You deserved it 6 261

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ooh, someone's gonna be in trouble. Hit him over the head with the wine bottle.

Comments

I don't get why her idea trumps his ideas? Let him gamble and while he is gone get all ready ( shower-shave-makeup ) and when he returns do the balcony thing! Honestly! It's called compromise!!

Chances are he'll be out for 4-5 hours at least and get back drunk and tired. That's why it's choosing, not compromising.

TheDrifter 23

Drunk and tired means you can't lay down, cuddle and drink wine? I've been doing it wrong all these years.

I like how every relationship problem ends with dump his ass or he's a jerk....finally someone who says compromise, that's what makes relationships work in the real world.

JoeyJaws68 18

This isn't a compromise, he ditched her. He went gambling and didn't tell her. He didnt even consult OP, he just decided to completely ignore her.

@JoeyJaws68 Where does it say that? When I first read her FML I thought she wanted some alone time with wine, it wasn't until the end of the FML that I realised that she ment to do that with him and this FML was written with plenty of opportunity to think about the wording... Thinking about how I reacted as a teenager (and some of my friends still do...) I think the following happened: she suggested her idea, he disagreed and said he wanted to go gamble today, he left to go gamble, she throws a hissy-fit about not getter her way emediatly. It's a cruise? Your idea isn't limited to that one night, you can rearrange it if he really felt like going to the casino (because maybe a special opening night? or because he already made plans with other people he met? because he misunderstood just like me? or just because he felt like it), just go cuddle with wine on the next day.

free_livin 2

You won't be complaining when he brings you home some big money

IF he brings her money. Otherwise, she's probably going to be double pissed.

I'm pretty sure that's not what happened. Those things are rigged. I'm sorry, OP. How inconsiderate of him. It would have been nice had he at least talked to you about what he wanted to do.

When you go on a cruise like that, it's a real craps shoot. I'm sure he is still loyal, so if he meets another woman I'm sure he won't poker. If he does meet some hot 21-year old girl dressed like a slot, he'd just be playing Russian roulette with his marriage if he were to cheat. If I were you, I would roll the dice and let him have his one night out. Then tomorrow you can enjoy the wine. Sounds like a deal. Good luck.

cryssycakesx3 22

lol 21... I'm sure his BJ was a bust.

I'm sorry #21 but no, just no. Doc that was one hell of a comment, I tip my hat to you good sir.

Oh my God i just realized i made a horrible mistake. I did not mean #21, i meant #53, the one above me. I apologize greatly for whoever #21 may be.

But if he bets too much and loses it all, it could have canasta-rous implications.

Well this can go well or horribly wrong...but still messed up that he ditched you like that :/

Less hinting and more direct communication could have saved you some disappointment.

RedPillSucks 31

She said she "told" him. Doesn't sound like she was hinting.

she did say it would be great to... that sounds like a hint and not too direct to me.

20 means that OP should have stated that she wanted them to cuddle up with wine and a blanket on the balcony, instead of saying that it would be a great idea.

Strip pok 'er in the bed couldn't have changed his mind? In his defense it's not everyday you get to gamble on a cruise ship. Cruises are a fun vacation with so much to do. Personally, I wouldn't want to spend it in a tiny room either. I'd be drinking next to the pool playing dominos!

RedPillSucks 31

Well, It was probably one of those multi-day (like week long) cruises, so he could have gone gambling another night. The cabins with a balcony are fairly large (and expensive), so if one pays that much one might want to take some time to enjoy the view, especially if the time is around sunset and you're facing west.

cryssycakesx3 22

and in your words... they can do it another night. maybe there was a poker tourney or something.

SuperMew 22

Maybe he doesn't want to be stuck in the cabin. Maybe he wants to spend some time by himself.

Yeah, I bet the OP has never once turned down her husband's advances. Nor has any woman done such a thing.

cryssycakesx3 22

If he does well he can buy a really expensive bottle.... Still either way you are his wife number one priority....

What was the plan from the beginning? A romantic cruise? Or just to have fun? Feels like you had different views of this cruise from the start, but to ditch you is harsh, sorry OP :/

One mind-boggling aspect of this site is seeing just how many women marry complete idiots!