Pissed

By assgoblins piss me off - 06/05/2014 20:52 - Canada - Camrose

Today, I turned in my best painting yet for a scholarship competition. For once in my life, I was actually proud of a piece I'd done. I ended up losing the scholarship to some dickface who'd basically just glued together some crap from the dollar store and called it conceptual art. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 206
You deserved it 5 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

eaglerob 20

Maybe next time finger paint a few stick figures and glue on some macaroni? ;)

Comments

Sorry to hear that OP. I'm sure you did a fantastic job. You should be proud.

I'm sorry you didn't get the scholarship. If you ever try again, remember this event. Then get pissed and throw colors at the easel. That should work.

F_Your_Life_001 0

Then yours must've sucked, OP. Remember that you're just some dickface who threw some paint on a piece of paper and called it "art".

cryssycakesx3 22

this couldn't be any truer. there are a few possibilities here. maybe OP is some cool hipster artist and just thinks whatever he does is awesome. as said before maybe OP just thought the other one sucked because he lost. or like you said OP is a sucky dickface. hard work =/= masterpiece. or perhaps the other dude is the judge's nephew. OP, I'm not definitively saying you suck and the other dude was good, just some other explanations.

RedPillSucks 31

No. OP said this is the first peice that he felt proud of.

cryssycakesx3 22

just because he's proud doesn't mean it's good. 4 year olds are proud of their "art" too

lb0812 18

Exactly what I was thinking. OP, especially if they are studying art, needs to learn that it's VERY subjective and just because they don't like it doesn't mean it isn't a masterpiece.

Art is all about marketing these days. Next time create something stupid judges can relate to. Keep trying, OP.

avapaige1234 19

Nowadays, anyone who can glue and draw random stuff together is an "artist". *sigh*

ihunter_rae 12

Okay that really sucks but now it seems that someone can just put a splatter of paint on a white background and it sells for thousands. Then...there are people like you that don't get credit for the actual hard work ! But then again, what if they need the scholarship just as much as you. But with your actual talent, maybe you can get another one from somewhere else?

cryssycakesx3 22

but alas, hard doesn't automatically = good. I'm sure the jesus painting restoration lady worked hard too.

ihunter_rae 12

And yet, I do agree with you. Thank you for making that point because it is very true.

Probably an art scholarship anyways... hope it comes with a class teaching how to fill out forms for public assistance and panhandling. Art is a gift, it cannot be taught.

And then they go on to flip burgers to pay the bills, it is no accident the most common adjective for artist is starving. Where did Michelangelo, get his art degree? Art education is a fraud.

You CAN be taught how to draw accurately. It doesn't mean you should choose to make your livelihood out of doing so.

Stick a Van Gogh next to a Picasso and there will always be someone that doesn't like one or the other. And keep in mind Van Gogh really wasn't famous until after his death. So chin up! Your time is coming! ( in about 50 years or so, no rush).