Pissed

By assgoblins piss me off - 06/05/2014 20:52 - Canada - Camrose

Today, I turned in my best painting yet for a scholarship competition. For once in my life, I was actually proud of a piece I'd done. I ended up losing the scholarship to some dickface who'd basically just glued together some crap from the dollar store and called it conceptual art. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 206
You deserved it 5 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

eaglerob 20

Maybe next time finger paint a few stick figures and glue on some macaroni? ;)

Comments

Sour grapes. Don't be such a sore loser.

dannnngthatsux 19

Welcome to the art world. Hard work and persistence are NOT rewarded. Difference and 'originality' are.

Maybe losing will help tone down your attitude. Not everyone can afford top of the line art supplies and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He might think yours was heinous, kinda like your attitude.

nurchok 15

I'm willing to bet that kids dad/mom/uncle/aunt/... works in a field (sucks dick) related to the committee responsible for issuing the scholarship (judges basically). Happened to me before. They deserve to be fist-****** with a hand soaked in kerosene. What those ******* don't realise is that by rejecting a good piece of art, they may be destroying the "kid's" self confidence...

graphicstyle7 17

Welcome to the life of an artist. As a fellow artist, I can sympathize, I'm sure a scholarship comes in pretty handy these days. However, the rejection will happen over and over, along with rewards and awards if you keep at it. At the end of the day, you're doing it first and foremost because you love the act of creation.

I would actually really like to see both your and the "dickface"'s contributions to the competition. If this is in any way possible, please let me know.

Well I didn't see it so YDI, everyone gets what they deserve eventually.

Well, art has been a subject of many quarrels throughout history. De coloribus et gustibus... Still, sucks for you, OP. FYL.

I feel your pain. Just finished a portrait of my bestie who died from an intestinal disease as my submission. I lost to an idiot who plastered fake arms and legs to a cardboard box and said it had "deep emotional pain".

m1na 4

This is exactly why I switched my art major.