Perfect!

By BahHumbug - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Painesville

Today, after weeks of keeping it a secret, I excitedly gave my boyfriend what I thought to be the perfect Christmas present. Turns out lock picking sets are illegal in Ohio. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 336
You deserved it 8 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait, why would you buy your boyfriend a lock-picking set? Was it part of one of those corny things where you're all like "now you hold the key to everywhere... including my heart..." Or does he just enjoy breaking into houses? So many unanswered questions!

Comments

I live in Ohio and I was not aware of this O.o

Lock picking is a really fun hobby. I think because it's very challenging. Not like you see on movies and tv. There is a real satisfaction to defeating a like not unlike finishing a big puzzle.

They're not illegal in Ohio, but if the police have a reason to search you and find one on you it's prima facie.

Lock picking sets are illegal in many places. I had to cancel my own order for one because of that

Uhmmmm I'm curious as to why them being illegal has anything to do with them being the perfect gift? There are so many laws all across the country that aren't followed/ridiculous/have limitations, like it's illegal to carry a butterfly knife but not to own one. So, A how does an illegal item create a problem when not a single cop should know that ya have it? B, what's the issue? Best gift ever oops it's illegal, uhm? So?

Because thiefs are going to follow the law am I right?