Secret

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - San Francisco

Today, I found out that my boyfriend of two years has a beautiful daughter. That's cool, except she's one year old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 021
You deserved it 2 884

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are you really together for 2 years, or almost 2 years? Don't forget that her mother also carried her for 9 months.

If his daughter is 1 year old, he could have conceived her before you were with him, assuming you've been together for almost 2 years. But either ways, it must've been a shock to learn of it! FYL OP

Comments

Are you really together for 2 years, or almost 2 years? Don't forget that her mother also carried her for 9 months.

Now that you said that #2, it makes sense.

The kid could also be a bit more than one year old. Technically it's possible that he's not been cheating.

Or he couldve conceived when the two of them first met before their relationship became serious, depending on when the op considers their anniversary

A 1-year-old kid is somewhere between the 1st and 2nd birthday. add 40 weeks of pregnancy and it would technically be possible that the conception was way before OPs relationship started. I'd definitly demand an explanation though.

i_needa_username 17

We've been together for 25 months exactly next week.

He either slept with this woman just before meeting you, or cheated on you 3 months in your relationship.. if you want to be sure you need to specifically count all the months yourself and remember when you first met him, as well as exact date this baby was born and count back 9 months from her birth to see if it matches the date you met.

To be honest though, even if it turns out he didn't actually cheat on her it's still kind of a dick move on his part for hiding his daughter from her a full two years (I say 2 because I'm adding the whole pregnancy part you guys mentioned). I mean a few weeks (or even a month) I can understand, but 2 years? Not as bad as cheating, but still an FML in my opinion.

juturnaamo 29

Unless he just found out. Some guys don't know until the ex decides they need child support.

Also, is the kid EXACTLY one or 1 and a half?? Because 18 months + 9 months makes it before you were in the picture

#83 true, but the way the FML is worded ("I found out" rather than "we found out") seems to imply that she was the only one in the dark.

What a horrible thing to find out so late. It must be hard to choose to leave him after so long, so good luck whatever you decide to do, OP :(

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
1dvs_bstd 41

your comment is not cliche or overused on this site at all.

If his daughter is 1 year old, he could have conceived her before you were with him, assuming you've been together for almost 2 years. But either ways, it must've been a shock to learn of it! FYL OP

Also "1 year old" usually means between 1 and 2 years old, so if they've been together for more than 2 years if the kid is closer to 2 years old she could have been conceived before they were together.

I'm assuming if it has been posted as an fml then the child must have been conceived while the op was in a relationship with the father?

Then again, op commented above that their relationship has only just hit 25 months. It only takes that daughter to be older than a year and 4 months for it not to be cheating.

Well, you need to be careful while making a decision, since it can be before he got with you! Best of luck, OP. Do not be so fast to judge, you need to know the story from every side.

This is the part where you kick him to the curb

I hope that there's a chance it happened before you two got together. Otherwise that really sucks :/ Hope you're okay :)

Technically the math might still work out, if her mom got pregnant before you two got to the "exclusive" phase of your relationship..

Is she 1 as in exactly 12 months or 1 as in 1 year + several months?

1dvs_bstd 41

Introduce yourself to his wife? or other girlfriend... both of you should take turns in the deserved ass kicking.. it's about sending a message.

There is a chance that she was conceived before you started dating. Keep in mind that she could be nearly 2. What, did you think that babies are conceived and then born instantly?