Perfect!

By BahHumbug - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Painesville

Today, after weeks of keeping it a secret, I excitedly gave my boyfriend what I thought to be the perfect Christmas present. Turns out lock picking sets are illegal in Ohio. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 336
You deserved it 8 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait, why would you buy your boyfriend a lock-picking set? Was it part of one of those corny things where you're all like "now you hold the key to everywhere... including my heart..." Or does he just enjoy breaking into houses? So many unanswered questions!

Comments

The real question is - why did you think a lock-picking set was a perfect gift?

Why just why would you give this type of gift.

The fuel station at my work has a lock picking set, as way too many people lock their keys in their cars. So I can see the practicality. However, as a gift...

Who told you they were illegal? I'm a cop in Ohio and they are not illegal.

If he plays a lot of games as a stealth character, I could see it being a great a gift. I once came very close to getting into my house after locking myself out using skills from a game. Sadly I had crappy wire to work with. So yeah, I'd love a set.

If you are trying to unlock your romance I am pretty sure thats not how you guys should plan to unlock it.

Um wtf kind of gift is a lock picking set??

MzZombicidal 36

Apparently a perfect one for OP's boyfriend. Who are you to judge?

Actually they're legal anywhere in the United States. But you're obviously not allowed to break into houses.