Perfect!

By BahHumbug - This FML is from back in 2015 but it's good stuff - United States - Painesville

Today, after weeks of keeping it a secret, I excitedly gave my boyfriend what I thought to be the perfect Christmas present. Turns out lock picking sets are illegal in Ohio. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 336
You deserved it 8 152

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wait, why would you buy your boyfriend a lock-picking set? Was it part of one of those corny things where you're all like "now you hold the key to everywhere... including my heart..." Or does he just enjoy breaking into houses? So many unanswered questions!

Comments

Wait, why would you buy your boyfriend a lock-picking set? Was it part of one of those corny things where you're all like "now you hold the key to everywhere... including my heart..." Or does he just enjoy breaking into houses? So many unanswered questions!

I know personally, after playing a lot of stealth-based video games, I would love to try lock picking in real life. It is also a decently popular hobby.

I was thinking the exact same thing #57 games like Fallout and Skyrim make it feel like a necessary skill after awhile.

A lot of things are illegal...just don't get caught with them.

fxreveryoung 19

Definitely curious and in need of a follow-up, OP. How is a lock pick set the perfect gift for your boyfriend?

dantee2005 33

Maybe he's locksmith. Or wanna be locksmith.

staychill 16

How did you find out they were illegal?

I was wondering that too. Was there a policeman in the room who confiscated it?

He probably opened the presents and said, "umm.... You do know these are illegal in Ohio?"

RedPillSucks 31

lockpicking is also a very cool hobby like there are contests for that.

mds9986 24

So was this posted two days after Christmas because you were in jail?

zeffra13 31

It has to be moderated before its posted. That can take a few days.

Bluedy 17

I guess you should have PICKED a better gift! :D *ba-dum-tsss*

MonstreBelle 28

The motto of felons everywhere

Pretty sure Jarred Fogle said the same thing.