Domestic

By Anonymous - 16/12/2022 15:00

Today, my mom tried to ground me, even though I moved into my own flat to escape her. I told her 'my flat, my rules' so she tried to confiscate my Xbox because 'she’s the boss of me.' The look on her face as the cops took her away was worth the shouting match we’ll have when she makes bail. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 862
You deserved it 162

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Great job getting the upper hand on her!! This FML is insatiably satisfying. I recommend adding more salt to those wounds with a restraining order and possibly cutting her out your life for good. **** manipulative people. That goes for family members too.

Screw that. Change your locks and call the cops again when she comes to yell at you. Great job setting that boundary

Comments

Great job getting the upper hand on her!! This FML is insatiably satisfying. I recommend adding more salt to those wounds with a restraining order and possibly cutting her out your life for good. **** manipulative people. That goes for family members too.

Exactly. Some say family should never not speak, but my life improved greatly when I cut my toxic grandma and other relatives from my life and haven’t looked back. I would definitely get that restraining order though, because I already know mom going to come for you.

You and the cops are wrong! Your mom will always be your mom, and she always knows that grounding you is for your own good. You must have done something really disgusting. It's such a bitch move to get cops whose moms didn't love them to abduct her.

I wish I could add about 50 'dislikes' to this stupid comment of yours. You don't know OP's history or mental state or how this comment will influence them. A joke is a joke but this is not funny. **** you.

Screw that. Change your locks and call the cops again when she comes to yell at you. Great job setting that boundary

Good for you. Stay strong in your boundaries and I second the order of protection if she’s showing an inability to learn from the prior arrest.

how did she get in, did you give her a key? she's your mom you know how she is. you put yourself in that situation knowing something could happen. deal with family shit on your own don't be a bitch and call the cops. you could have prevented the whole incident from occurring if you didn't let her in.

Theft and trespassing are still grounds for calling the cops.