By Anonymous - 21/01/2011 09:25 - Monaco

Today, my boyfriend broke up with me because I'm "high maintenance." I'd only asked him to use deodorant and brush his teeth. He hasn't had a shower in over a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 222
You deserved it 6 075

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He did you a favour. Get over it and go find someone who showers at least once a week.

Who showers these days anyway? Homeless people are setting a pretty awesome trend in my opinion.

Comments

steffielynn 0

Then this isn't an FML! At least you don't have to smell him anymore!

vanessagirrl96 0

eww.. I wouldnt go near him if he didnt shower regularly anyway.

Heck yeah. Op shouldn't even be upset!

good riddance!! he sounds like a nasty ass.

MrFancy 0

The reason being is that OP in in Monoco. No wonder he has terrible hygeine habbits. I'm 98% sure he's French

I smilled when I saw this ^^ Its not Monoco, its Monaco and it is in Spain not in France. Plus, french do take showers everyday :Pp LMAO

MrSark 0

Monaco (aka; Principality of Monaco) is a Microstate in the south west of europe that has borders with only France. So before correcting people check your facts.

Exactly! Why was she dating a hobo anyway?

Yah she deserves it for being a drama queen, I'm 99% certain that wasn't the whole reason for the break up even IF (and it is a big if) the acquisitions are true.

He did you a favour. Get over it and go find someone who showers at least once a week.

I agree. he did you a favor.. how could you be attracted to someone who don't wash!!

exactly. op, he makes YOU nasty. ugh..drop him!

Who showers these days anyway? Homeless people are setting a pretty awesome trend in my opinion.

mintcar 9

That's incredibly disgusting. Don't tell me you knew nothing of his poor hygiene behavior before getting with him.

While I agree that such a lack of personal hygiene is revolting, sometimes people's bathing habits deteriorate because of depression/lifestyle changes/laziness/other factors. For instance, this one guy I knew used to bathe regularly, but after he graduated high school, he pretty much didn't shower, brush his teeth, or even change clothes more than he absolutely had to.

But then my question is, why does he not care about his appearance and/or overall well being? Was he depressed? I've known people to stop caring about themselves while depressed, so it is a viable excuse. But if laziness is the only reason he stopped brushing his teeth and changing his clothes etc...

That is absolutely disgusting. I shower twice a day, ritualistically.

You must be pretty effing *serious hygiene* if you shower twice a day... I only shower once... a week. (; i kid, of course. *___* changed "weird" to serious hygiene, to be nicer. (;

"ritualistically" - Do you sacrifice a goat beforehand?

Cyberphobia 0

What a waste of water! It's a precious resource.

9 grunge is gone it has no guitar solos after kurt kobain it was done

One to fap, the second to fap furiously, I'm sure.

grunge is gone because you shower twice a day. ; )

fthku 13

How is asking him to use deodorant make you high maintenance? If anything he should have said you are being demanding. Either way he's stupid and smelly. Tell him to go learn the actual meanings of words before just randomly throwing them around.

so why is this an FML? be happy you got rid of the dirtbag, if he cant do a simple thing such as shower brush his teeth and use deoderant hes not worth it, you shouldnt ask him to do that, it should come naturually everyday... OP you should be glad your rid of him, im sure you can do better