Not an ally, then

By acorn - 08/08/2009 23:59 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my mother making arrangements to go to a dinner tonight where I will be honored for my political activism. She made it clear she's only going for me, and does NOT support the gay rights group that is putting the dinner on. I was planning on coming out after dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 803
You deserved it 7 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** you. Do you know how many parents disown their children after finding out they're gay? It's reached a point where nobody feels safe coming out unless they're certain their parents support gay equality. If there were no Christian right-wing fuckwits, nobody would feel a need to hide their sexual orientation.

Actually, the main Christian beliefs are supposed to be about equality, and treating everyone how you want to be treated, as well as loving other people. It's just a few idiots who use their Christianity as an excuse to shitcan everyone else. It's like how some people think that Muslims are terrorists. It's only a few extremists who ignore the teachings that make everyone else look bad.

Comments

Not all in the same place or at the same time, and most certainly not by god. Just because we can't come up with a logical reason that stands up to testing does not mean we should make up some crap with no scientific or logical basis. God makes no sense. And don't tell me that "you must accept it on the virtue of faith", because that's a load of crap. The ability to believe something without any logical reason to believe it, without any logical or scientific reason for it to be the correct answer is not a good thing. The word "faith" was invented just to put a positive spin on the real meaning: gullibility.

Miss_Q 0

If there were no Christians, there would be no hell. Christians are like Hitler, they hate everyone pretty much everyone else- gays, jews, most every Christian I've met hates blacks. You know hating people is bad to "god" or whoever you believe in. So since you believe in hell, and hate people for being themselves, you're going to hell! Prudes.

idntlikeusername 0

haha now who has their panties in a bunch? :)

Actually, Hell did not exist in the OT. Good job with knowing your own religion. Hell was invented later as a scare tactic used for conversion.

idntlikeusername 0
Miss_Q 0

You should have clarified that before then, because not all people see it that way... Most people just focus on hating whoever the bible says is bad. Gays are labeled, and are very proud, I mean how do you tell if someone has had impure thoughts? Scapegoats...

9az00 0

Thats rough, but if your mom is like mine, she will accept you for who you are! yo pimpin, that's some real acceptance your talking about there...stating that if there were no Christians, we would all be in hell? I have nothing against Christians whatsoever but that statement was pretty bold and further feeds the steriotype that all Christians are wack jobs. but kudos to the rest of your speech! I'm pretty liberal, but I can't stand close minded liberal ***** that think you are evil if you don't believe what they do...if you own a gun, you are a bush loving republican...NEWSFLASH: owning a gun further expresses liberalism as the root of the word, libera, means FREE...as in freedom to own a firearm! oh and I agree with your DNA, RNA, protein comment. To me it was spontanious, but over a period of time...but hey, nothing plus nothing DOES NOT equal something!

If being gay is not a bad thing, then why do you say it is a sin? You're contradicting yourself. I don't think gay people should have to ask anybody's forgiveness for being gay. Should left-handed people apologize for being left-handed? These are things that people can't help, and things that people don't need to help. They're fine just the way they are. People who make conscious decisions to harm others unprovoked are doing something wrong. People who are different in a way that they cannot change and that does not harm others are doing absolutely nothing wrong.

http://andalitebandit-6.deviantart.com/art/The-Morality-of-Homosexuality-77069502 Also, hey, I'm (sort of a) Christian, and I'm not some psycho fanatic. Actually... nurr, I don't know. I just do whatever. Maybe I'll end up just running outside and humping the earth, because god DAMN LIFE IS AMAZING... But anyway Pimpin has a point that you ARE being just as intolerant towards Christians as psychotic Christians are towards homosexuals. :c

I didn't say all Christians were fuckwits. I was saying that people who are Christian, right-wing, and fuckwits are why so many gay children end up so depressed. I know plenty of Christians who support good science and equal rights, and I am grateful they're around. As for the rest of your post...I have no idea what's going on there.