Not an ally, then

By acorn - 08/08/2009 23:59 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my mother making arrangements to go to a dinner tonight where I will be honored for my political activism. She made it clear she's only going for me, and does NOT support the gay rights group that is putting the dinner on. I was planning on coming out after dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 803
You deserved it 7 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** you. Do you know how many parents disown their children after finding out they're gay? It's reached a point where nobody feels safe coming out unless they're certain their parents support gay equality. If there were no Christian right-wing fuckwits, nobody would feel a need to hide their sexual orientation.

Actually, the main Christian beliefs are supposed to be about equality, and treating everyone how you want to be treated, as well as loving other people. It's just a few idiots who use their Christianity as an excuse to shitcan everyone else. It's like how some people think that Muslims are terrorists. It's only a few extremists who ignore the teachings that make everyone else look bad.

Comments

Maybe you should come out before dinner... if your mom is willing to go to a rally for a belief she doesn't support because you're getting recognized there, maybe she'd be willing to support the cause if she knew she was supporting you. Give her the chance to listen to what's said with an open mind and the knowledge that her daughter is gay.

You fag, you come out and let your family dis-own you. You ******* FAG! You and all gays should have their ******* chopped off and shoved up your ass.

I hope you have gay children, and that you love them too much to disown them when you find out. Though I'm not sure someone like you is capable of love.

AmpulexCompressa 0

You, #95. I hope you get gored by a moose, or perhaps burned alive. The world doesn't need people like you. OP: Be strong. If you explain your situation to your mother with determination and clarity, she should accept you for who you are. If she doesn't, then there's something wrong with her.

Lmflifeaway 0

The world doesn't need anything

@#58, The bible is repulsive and you've probably never read it. If you HAVE read it and still believe in what it says, you are a disgusting person. The bible is repulsive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkXOwBIRX7Y

Hermyoni 0

It's pretty wrong that people are encouraging the OP to lie to the parent just so they can be supported financially. It's pretty awesome the parent would support the kids activism even if they didn't support the event and maybe the mother will reject the kid for being gay but if the OP is going to choose that lifestyle then they need to accept the consequences and that might just be the rejection of your parents.

The OP didn't "choose" anything, and there shouldn't be "consequences" for her having a sexuality. You need to learn a thing or two before you shoot your mouth off like you have any idea what you're talking about.

YDI for being a dyke. If my offspring were fags, I'd demand that they change their names, then kick them out, change the locks, and change my will to say "Nothing for the fags". Scientists have superheated DUST to be able to reproduce. Dust is a more advanced organism than you are, dyke.

flopears115 0

CHOICE. Ever heard that word? Being homosexual is a person's choice NOT YOURS. So why should you try and change a person's choice just because you THINK you are above them so to speak? Is your excuse because you're a Christian? Why are Christians all of the sudden better then actual people. I am also a Christian, but I follow my own heart more than someone elses and my heart scerams Choice to me. Do you believe in animal rights? What if the bible said that we all should kill rabbits because they are the symbol of witchcraft. Would you? Would you really have the nerve to go against what you know is right and kill the rabbit anyway? You don't even know this person and you're telling the how to live their life. STOP BEING SO CONTROLLING AND LET THEM LIVE! You don't know how they feel, their circumstances, or their personal thoughts. No one does, only them. Just because someone is your child, doesn't mean they share the same opinions. That's all the are: OPINIONS and IDEAS. You are not important enough to think you can change what a person is because you do not understand how they feel or what they are going through. In the end, we're all alone, so don't be afraid of being yourself, it's the only way to be happy in the end. Get over yourself all of you homophobs, you can't change people who know what would make them live happily just because you say so. You aren't more important than them.

crack_aint_whack 0

I'm guessing troll. That was really awesome that they created mice out of dust though. #110 Being gay is not a choice, just like being straight isn't one. If it was a choice, there wouldn't be people that commit suicide for not being able to change.

flopears115 0

You're right, being gay isn't a choice to make. But accepting it is and most importantly coming out is a choice. We can't make people feel bad for a something that they cannot control because it is a choice. Thanks for pointing that out and contradicting yourself (: It isn't a choice they make, but coming out is a choice. So they cannot control what they can't choose. So why hate?

The word "smart" does not even belong anywhere near you, fuckwad.

Didn't say they made mice. But when they superheated dust to conditions believed to exist in interstellar space, it began forming complex structures, then duplicating itself, in effect, reproducing.

I don't support animal rights, they're ******* animals lol what are they going to do. Besides all this "I support love" can suck a fat one, I support **** in pussy, not some buttsurfing pink queer alliance stinking of lube and other faggotry. I'm not even christian. In the end of the day we all gotta acknowledge the fact that homosexuality is gay and theres nothing we can do about it except let the ******* suck dick and recieve a right pounding by each other, then come out and demand the same rights as normal people. That day I'll bring my shotgun and play whack a fag.

geesquared 0

I'm so sorry. I wish I could honor you at your dinner, since you're fighting for a great thing :)

So she deserves it for something she can't even control. Nice logic there.

WTF are you talking about, uhh i cant stand gay people

Chocolate_Chunk 2

Great- Excellent, good cause...Gay - Revolting cause : ) You make no sense

Hermyoni 0

She has to accept the consequences for coming out to her mother. It is not up to the mother to accept her daughters choices but she can try and understand them. You can hope the mother will be fine but in the end she might not be and if that is the case then the OP has to deal with that. However in the end we just don't know enough about the reasons for homosexuality which is why I said it was a choice you might not agree and you know what that's your right I accept that just like the OP has to accept that her mother might not agree.

Lol, did you seriously just use the reasoning "We don't know why it happens, therefore, it must be a choice"? Yeah, I maintain what I said before. Learn some more before acting like you know what you're on about.

WPQ14 15

Alright #32: So we also need to stone to death the people who don't shave their beards, wear more than one fabric in their clothing, etc. Oh, and prostitutes. Because obviously they're all loose women who just want to **** constantly, nevermind that they probably had a terrible life or can't get money any other way. Also, we should have slaves, if you're so keen on keeping with the old testament. Please...it's been proven that the bible contradicts itself so many times. And people like you pick and choose which parts of it are ok to still practice. All or none, seriously. And yes, I do understand it, being raised a Catholic. I've opened my mind to the possibility that maybe God isn't a form of being, but rather an idea. That people should love, and stop being so damned biased on something different from them.