Not an ally, then

By acorn - 08/08/2009 23:59 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my mother making arrangements to go to a dinner tonight where I will be honored for my political activism. She made it clear she's only going for me, and does NOT support the gay rights group that is putting the dinner on. I was planning on coming out after dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 802
You deserved it 7 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** you. Do you know how many parents disown their children after finding out they're gay? It's reached a point where nobody feels safe coming out unless they're certain their parents support gay equality. If there were no Christian right-wing fuckwits, nobody would feel a need to hide their sexual orientation.

Actually, the main Christian beliefs are supposed to be about equality, and treating everyone how you want to be treated, as well as loving other people. It's just a few idiots who use their Christianity as an excuse to shitcan everyone else. It's like how some people think that Muslims are terrorists. It's only a few extremists who ignore the teachings that make everyone else look bad.

Comments

americayay 0

If she's going for you, despite disagreeing, maybe she won't take it too terribly. She clearly loves you.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
kitties_fml 12

you're getting honored for your political activism by a gay rights group? that you invited your mother to? i think she already knows you're gay...no worries.

Seriously. And it's recommended to come out BEFORE inviting your homophobic mom to a large room full of gay people. Or at least not at said event.

The group was mainly a gay rights group. I was being honored for work helping to pass anti-bullying legislation. So it's not entirely obvious. Besides, you see what you want to see. There have been so many signs, but she's still quite oblivious. Meh.

Perhaps you should ask her what she would think if you were gay. Then decide how/if to tell her from her answer. Sorry that your mom feels that way.

She has a right to not agree with the gay and lesbian lifestyle. Just as you have to right to live it. The fact that she is even willing to go shows that she's not radical in her disapproval of the gay community. You should be fine.

idntlikeusername 0

okay..number eleven? you are a ******* asshole. number four wasn't talking about the person who posted this. dumbfuck. and to who posted this, i recently came out to my mom. it was really difficult considering she's a devoted christian and extremely conservative..and it was hard at first but she's accepting it now and it's getting better and better every day. good luck with your situation! i'm sure it will turn out okay in the end :)

You need to stop listening to your pedophile pastor for science lessons.

idntlikeusername 0

oh..and number twenty. really? you're a christian? i couldn't tell. thanks for proving the other guy's point. christian fuckwits.

seriously I hope all gays die some violent death like that abortion doctor. people who are gay for sure have some cicuitry in their brain messed up so maybe it's not their fault. m

Miss_Q 0

Just like you have something in your brain that makes you stupid right?

Oh really? and why is being gay "messed up". You can't come up with any better answer than "it just is" and "god says so". What if we lived in a world where gay was the norm, and straight was the exception. Would gay still be "wrong"? No. All this disgust with gays is a majority persecuting a minority for being different. Nothing more. I've said this more times than I can count, and I'll keep saying it. There is nothing wrong with being gay. Homosexual people are different, but not any worse than heterosexual people.

Dude, this guy is obviously a troll. Come on, now.

je_vous_aime 0

okay, #37, I see where you were trying to go with this but if being gay were the normal thing and being straight, the exception, then the human race wouldn't have lasted very long.

crack_aint_whack 0

Or maybe fewer countries would be over populated....and maybe my cities pride parade would be better. Lol

Just think 37. People started out Gay. Adam and Steve there was no eve. Life is grand. homesex 4 life. guess what. you never happened. If gay was the norm then none of us would be here. If is was right then none of us would be here. Without sperm and an egg it wouldnt have happened. Gay isnt natura. Its anatamy. a penis isnt made to go inside a penis. and well u cant do much with vaginas. so yeah if you dont want the world to go on any further. any of you parents looking to have grandkids. well guess the hell what. you dont get any cause ur kids a fag because thats u've raised them 2 b. Gay is a choice. and its wrong. dont say well we can adopt. because after so long theres going to be no one to make any little orphans for you to adopt anyway.

Actually your whole statement is completely wrong. I wasn't "raised this way" and it's not a choice. And do you really honestly think that since gay people exist, which they always have and always will, that everyone in the world will turn gay? And no sadly the world will probably not run out of orphans and foster children until people stop dying, I intend on adopting and teaching my kids to accept everyone for who they are. Gay people have always existed, as I stated before, and the world has obviously progressed, why do you think that that will stop now? And as many people have stated before, why would anyone choose to be gay when there are people like you trying to ruin our lives almost everywhere we look? Your logic is almost as faulty as your grammar and spelling. PS. Anatamy isn't a word, anatomy is. And obviously it works, if people have been doing it for tens of thousands of years.

I'd be more concerned with #216's view if he could spell... and didn't spell "you" as "u". That's insufferable.

to all who are hatin gays' and bis': I'm not gay or bi myself, some of my best friends are, so you need to shut your ******* traps, an plea the first you Americans, I don't give a shit what you think, your opinion is no better than mine, and I quote a friend on this "opinions are like assholes, everyone has them, and they all stink" p.s. I'm gonna laugh my ass off when you yourself find out your gay OP: I'm very sorry to hear this, my Christian prayers (yupp, im christian, and i dont hate momosexuals) will go out to you hoping that everythin works out well, best of luck :)

XxJaydaxX 3

number 25 you sound so ignorant when speak. like really no one wants to hear about you talk about gay people burning in a fire.

idntlikeusername 0
idntlikeusername 0

okay this was an accident. please disregard. kthanks