Not an ally, then

By acorn - 08/08/2009 23:59 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my mother making arrangements to go to a dinner tonight where I will be honored for my political activism. She made it clear she's only going for me, and does NOT support the gay rights group that is putting the dinner on. I was planning on coming out after dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 803
You deserved it 7 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** you. Do you know how many parents disown their children after finding out they're gay? It's reached a point where nobody feels safe coming out unless they're certain their parents support gay equality. If there were no Christian right-wing fuckwits, nobody would feel a need to hide their sexual orientation.

Actually, the main Christian beliefs are supposed to be about equality, and treating everyone how you want to be treated, as well as loving other people. It's just a few idiots who use their Christianity as an excuse to shitcan everyone else. It's like how some people think that Muslims are terrorists. It's only a few extremists who ignore the teachings that make everyone else look bad.

Comments

I managed to read all the comments, which took awhile. op- I'm sorry, and as others said she'll warm up, and come around soon. With a lot of the christians on here, who have commented, there's a few flaws in your argument. I'm a firm believer in Christ myself. I do not hate gay people, It's not the lifestyle I choose, but I accept them for who they are. about the sin topic, a lot of you said that their sin (gay people) is different proportioned as straight peoples. this in fact is wrong, doesn't it say in the bible that all sin is equal in the eyes of god? murdering is just as bad as telling a white lie, its all sin in eyes of god, one does not out weigh the other. So we christians do not make up our others sins by not being gay. we sin just as much as anyone else. and yes there are radical christians who use their belief and views to put others down, which I am offended by and think is wrong.

your mum must be really stupid (which maybe by her choice) if she does not at least suspect.

elfuzzo 0

"There are more gays than christians, ms. hypocrite, so you can't act like it's OK to condemn and group and stereotype all christians like that (of which i am one)- and then turn around and say "ok, everybody has to adore and be totally cool with gays!" Nope. not gonna work." Um, what? Christians make up a third of the worlds population (33%). The proportion is even greater in places like the USA, where 76% of people are Christians of some variety. On the other hand, the percentages of people who are homosexual varies from 1% to 20%, in both cases less than the number of Christians. Where do you get the idea that there are more gays than Christians?

skittlefreak101 1

Just come out anyways, she'll eventually get over it. My mom was in shock for a few minutes after I did, but she's fine now.

If I ever told my mom I was truly gay, meaning not kidding around, I know that she wouldn't care. I am not gay, but have a lot of gay friends with the same problem as you. I feel so bad for you. You oughta just come out and tell her. I know it's said easier than done, but just try to tell her.

idntlikeusername 0

he did say that it's a sin actually. are you sure that you read it?

thats so sad...some people can be so ignorant. to be honest after that comment I would tell her she's not welcome at that place..

haha what? You are being publicly recognized as an activist for the gay rights group, and your mom still doesn't get it?

organisedchaos has diarreha of the mouth. what a ****. OP: good luck. it's hard, but worth it.

Tippssy 0

Living beings are programmed to do 2 basic things: 1) Procure nourishment. 2) Reproduce. Yeah, I'd be pretty upset if my offspring tried to tell me she can't even do one of the 2 simplest concepts of life. On an evolutionary basis, bacteria and worms are more advanced than you. Darwin hates you.

She can reproduce without sexual intercourse. You fail, and Darwin hates your faulty logic. Have a great day! :)