Not an ally, then

By acorn - 08/08/2009 23:59 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my mother making arrangements to go to a dinner tonight where I will be honored for my political activism. She made it clear she's only going for me, and does NOT support the gay rights group that is putting the dinner on. I was planning on coming out after dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 803
You deserved it 7 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** you. Do you know how many parents disown their children after finding out they're gay? It's reached a point where nobody feels safe coming out unless they're certain their parents support gay equality. If there were no Christian right-wing fuckwits, nobody would feel a need to hide their sexual orientation.

Actually, the main Christian beliefs are supposed to be about equality, and treating everyone how you want to be treated, as well as loving other people. It's just a few idiots who use their Christianity as an excuse to shitcan everyone else. It's like how some people think that Muslims are terrorists. It's only a few extremists who ignore the teachings that make everyone else look bad.

Comments

DieterDerBlau 0

Tell her anyway. **** HER life.

Is your mom really retarded or do you just beleive she is?... You are going to be rewarded for your political activism on gay rights and you believe she does not know you are gay????

listen, being gay is not a sin. Working on Sunday is not a sin, eating meat on the Sabbath is not a sin, and being ignorant is not a sin. In my mind, to accuse someone you don't know of being a sinner is inexcusable. it's also judging someone else, and your "good book" teaches you about that, doesn't it? But I've never met a Christian that isn't judgmental... Odd. being gay is not something that people choose, and that is proven scientific fact. a heterosexual male, when shown gay pornography, is uncontrollably repulsed by it. (this reaction is the basis of Christian intolerance of homosexuality, I think.) The reaction has been shown time and time again in males. Show a male heterosexual pornography, and there is an uncontrollable reaction in the brain that is in the center of the brain that controls appetite. Not for food, for sex. (they're the same section of the brain, but I wanted to clarify) For women, imagery of almost any kind does nothing for appetite, only appreciation and emotion is affected by imagery in women from what I've read. People who are homosexual have it thrust upon them, either biologically, or through severe sexual abuse early in childhood. Zero exceptions. ZERO. This is proven over and over again, through rigorous scientific experiment. Go read a medical journal if your mind is still young enough to see both sides of a story, but be prepared to let go of your loving God idea, because once you learn about what happens to some very good people, you'll go absolutely insane if you try to reconcile their medical conditions with that of a compassionate, benevolent God. Ever seen a flesh-eating bacteria consume (by all accounts, Christian and non-Christian) a wonderful person who happens to be a pastor? Go read and you'll have your mind opened. Want to read about a completely sin-free infant or two who died at their Christian parent's hands because they chose prayer over medicine? It's all there, just choose to learn about the other side of the argument. I've read the Bible. I'm an atheist. I've read the bible twice, actually. Reading the Bible is what made me an atheist, by the way. Seeing both sides of the argument is how I came to what I consider the correct choice. Can you honestly say that you've made the correct choice if you don't give the opposing side an honest chance? No, you can't. And you can't really call yourself a Christian if you've never known anything else.

Doc_J65 0

don't belive gays should be able to get married; that's a sacred institution between a man and a woman. other than that I don't care. I do find it amazing that so many people bash Christians when religious freedom and tolerance was one of the reasons the US was created. ps I have no problem with blacks or Jews; guess what my faith is.

daydreambeliever 0

Yeah cause all of Hollywood has kept it a sacred institution, and half the nation getting a divorce has helped with that ideal too. I'm a history major and what I've read about early Christianity would make your hair curl. Also I was sorta raised Christian but around 16 I defaulted because I question everything including my *faith*. Hell is a scare tactic. I have so much more to say on the topic, but I'm saving it for my thesis.

Marriage has rarely ever been a sacred institution. Even in the bygone days, it was usually forced, and rarely had to do with love and everything to do with property and standing.

Yeah, not to mention all the atheists, wiccans, etc getting married. But it's still "sacred" as long as we don't give it to them gays, amirite?

coming out finally? I guess it will be a nice change from being cummed in and on lol

FYL. Even if your mum doesn't agree with your sexuality, she could at least be supportive, or happy that you're less likely to get knocked up... Come out to her anyway, if you have somewhere to go if she's stupid enough to kick you out. xx

je_vous_aime 0

Hold the phone. Apparently you have not met very many Christians. I am a born and raised Catholic and I have never met anyone from my church who has hated black people. I am very strong in my beliefs and because of that, I know that its important to love everyone. I love everyone. I even love you. And some of my best friends are gay and one of my best friends is Jewish and I have black friends and 3 of my best friends are atheist - and love them all. And though I don't particularly agree with gay marriage (just because I don't want to see the Catholic church be forced by law to do something that their religion tells them they can't) I don't have any problem with gay people or gay people being together...just don't call it marriage. and maybe you would say that's intolerance, perhaps it may be but I'm trying to stick with my religious beliefs as far as my God given morals will let me.

je_vous_aime 0

we are all sinners. so "accusing someone you don't know of being a sinner" is completely excusable because its the truth. And didn't you see that #58 said that being gay is not a sin? its like you didn't even read it!

*grabs popcorn and eagerly watches gay debate* Haha, but seriously, I'm sorry your mom feels that way. Maybe this is one of those cases where the adage "Mom and Dad love you no matter what" applies? Hopefully. Good luck on coming out(:

Cat135 0

why do people always argue about things that have to do with religion and homosexuality? that's just sad:/ and op- I feel sorry for you:(