Not an ally, then

By acorn - 08/08/2009 23:59 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my mother making arrangements to go to a dinner tonight where I will be honored for my political activism. She made it clear she's only going for me, and does NOT support the gay rights group that is putting the dinner on. I was planning on coming out after dinner. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 803
You deserved it 7 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

**** you. Do you know how many parents disown their children after finding out they're gay? It's reached a point where nobody feels safe coming out unless they're certain their parents support gay equality. If there were no Christian right-wing fuckwits, nobody would feel a need to hide their sexual orientation.

Actually, the main Christian beliefs are supposed to be about equality, and treating everyone how you want to be treated, as well as loving other people. It's just a few idiots who use their Christianity as an excuse to shitcan everyone else. It's like how some people think that Muslims are terrorists. It's only a few extremists who ignore the teachings that make everyone else look bad.

Comments

At least hell will be rockin'! All us queers? What a party! Nobody worth meeting goes to heaven, everyone interesting is in hell.

Miss_Q 0

That made me giggle, its so true.

lovelykendra5 0

Hahah wtf ^ but anyways, you shoulda just came out. shell warm up to it sometime in life, just not at the moment.

alexman6364 0

number 14 said it best. to the OP I hope it goes well.

IMB916 0

Who cares what the bitch thinks? I hope evrything works out for you. **** her.

ok to all you people who think that mine are "religious views", they're not. I don't have certain values because I'm christain or anything. I'm not in any religion, it's just that I think like a normal person. I still can't understand how a person can be sexually attracted to someone of the same sex, and I think it's just a crazy idea. and to think that one day it might actually be legal, that gays would be married legally as a couple. if it wasn't so insane it might actually be funny. it's not that I lack tolerance, it's just I'm a teenager who in a ****** up world that's getting more ****** by the day has her head screwed on the right way.

elfuzzo 0

I suspect homosexuals have just as much trouble understanding the appeal of the opposite sex. But, unlike you, they generally make no attempt to stop you from being heterosexual.

crack_aint_whack 0

I did not think they were religious views, I thought they were hateful ignorant views. This just made me think that even more.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

You're a teenager who has her head screwed on tilted after they took the brain out. Also, nice to see that "I don't get it" goes straight to "it has to day a very painful death" in your mind. Do you usually burn your math books because you are too stupid to get it?

inlovewithagirl 0

Oh, if you're a girl, then that's hot. I'm also gay. And I came out without ever having to think about what others would think. Go **** themselves! Just be true to yourself. :)

If being gay is a sin, then god must be a huge asshole for creating gay people, since gay people are born gay. No, really, they are. Gay teenagers don't decide to be gay and then off themselves because it didn't work out. They do not choose it, And there's nothing wrong with it. I'm of the belief that we can't really *know* anything, but I'm as sure of the above as I am of anything. I don't think being Christian makes you stupid, but all the arguments against homosexuality are pretty stupid. And the arguments against evolution are laughable, because every single one I've heard has misrepresented what the theory of evolution actually states. If I hear one more mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger say "If we evolved from apes, why are there still apes?" I might start ripping my hair out. People that stupid are only further evidence we evolved from apes.

Well, we can certainly *know* things, but we know a lot less than we think we know, that's for sure. Through careful experimentation one can learn (really learn) the truth behind a lot of things.

Chocolate_Chunk 2

Actually, being very very strict, we can't know anything, not even if we exist or if anything we remember actually happened (for example, we might be nothing but characters in a very advanced computer simulation with artifical memory). Sure, such stuff is not really probable, but still possible, so we can't know anything for sure. (Personally, I always found this a bit silly, but theoretically it's true)

If she is going only for you then she can also accept you coming out.

Yin_Yang92 0

Its great that you are preaching about how intolerant someone else is and then you call people who believe in evolution retarded. Way to follow your own advice! Idiot.