Nice to meet you… again

By pleaseno - 24/07/2009 00:52 - United States

Today, my mother invited me to a nice restaurant to meet her boyfriend whom she's been seriously dating for a month. Imagine my surprise when she led me to a table and my boyfriend's father stood up, shocked, to greet me. Rather than being horrified, she is now planning double dates every week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 525
You deserved it 3 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perhaps it's just a master plan to get you two to break up

Comments

well all that I could say has been said and this is a uter and complete FML. sucks for you and good luck with it!

Wow, it would really suck if they got married and you were related to your boyfriend.

thelonelylurker 0

AHHHHH, lol that sucks. You're dating your step-brother.

K...bright side? If they get married and you still live at home you get to live with your BF lol. This reminds me of that movie 'Because I Said So'

this happened with my cousin and my aunt dating her boyfriends father. except they eventually did get married. im still not sure the boyfriends is talking to his dad. what a clusterfuck

notapplicable123 0

I don't know whether to put FYL or YDI. I can't say I'm on your side, though. You must be pretty young. Most relationships with younger people don't last. Your mom's relationship might last longer, or turn into marriage. But then there's the whole what-happened-to-your-dad. But still, I think your mom deserves the relationship with your bf's dad. If she's happy, why not? She went to work to support you and make you happy. Let her have some fun.

mcsnelly 5

It doesn't matter if the OP is young or not. Sure, it might be less of a chance for her relationship to last, but that doesn't mean she should just step aside and say "Oh, well, this probably won't last as long as my mom and bf's dad's relationship might (because no adult relationship EVER doesn't work out perfectly...) so me and my bf will break up for them, even though we were dating long before them." And what does it matter to you what happened to the OP's dad? Obviously, her mom is single and her bf's dad is single. That is all you need to know.

notapplicable123 0

I'm not saying her mom's relationship will work out, but it will probably last longer. It's not fair for her mom to do that, especially if she knew it was the OP's bf's dad, but she should let her mom be happy. And I'm talking about the original dad because I don't know if he left, the mom cheated on him, etc. because that could somehow effect the relationship between the OP's mom and the mom's new bf. There ARE quite a few factors that could influence the relationship.

NiCocaCola_fml 2

Sounds just like the movie Drive Me Crazy with Melissa Joan Hart :) But really, I know a couple just like this... or should I say two couples. Both couples are happily married and I bet it makes holidays and family reunions quite a bit easier!

Let's hope that your Mom and his Dad break up.

dudee, this happened on 16 and pregnant and they were bf and gf then there parents got married then the step brother and step sister had sex together and got pregnant. you guys will probably still be able to date since she's setting up double dates, but its going to be extremely weird. fyl.