Nervous Nelly

By Odnel - 27/07/2013 04:47 - United States - Arlington

Today, my family and I visited my cousins in Virginia. When we arrived, we found that they already had guests over. I've stuttered my whole life, so when they asked me what my name was, I stuttered for several seconds trying to say my name. Everyone burst out laughing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 177
You deserved it 3 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell them to go F-F-F-F-F-**** themselves

Ali_Br_fml 33

Don't worry about them OP, they're complete and total jerks. Your cousins are the worst! They KNOW about your problem & they still laugh at it. Yeah, I know families are mean and all, but someone who laughs at someone else just because they stutter (especially at your own family member in front of strangers/guests) is worth less than the dirt under my shoes.

Comments

Just tell them "Yeah I may stutter but at least I'm not from Virginia!"

"It's K-K-K-Ken! C-c-c-coming to k-k-k-kill me! How you gonna c-c-c-catch me, K-K-K-Ken?" (If you ever seen "A Fish Called Wanda" you'll know what needs to be done to finally get rid of your stutter).

olpally 32

I think billy Madison would have been a better movie reference here... T-T-T-T-T-To-Today junior! Lol.

How terribly inconsiderate. I hate that people think its okay to laugh at those who may be different than them. Don't let those fools break your spirit!

olpally 32

I breathe through my mouth mainly instead of my nose and sound a little like Beavis and butthead when I talk, but eh. Don't let them get you down op. we all have our quirks in life. They are just another round of jerks.

I have a slight lisp so I feel your pain!

Stuttering is terrible. Try some therapy to help you out if you'd like. In the mean time, don't let people walk over you. If you stand your ground, calm yourself, and tell them to not do that, you can live your life happily and with internal strength.

People can be horrible. You have a stutter so what, your still a normal person with normal feelings:)

When you mentioned Virginia and stutter I thought this story was going to go elsewhere. I am sorry though OP, hopefully the rest if the visite wasn't too awkward, but if you want to post some bitter messages and a like of ding, I know a guy.

When you mentioned Virginia and stutter I thought this story was gonna go elsewhere. I'm sorry though OP, hopefully the rest of the visit wasn't too awkward, but if you want to post a bitter message and a pile of dung, I know a guy.