Nervous Nelly

By Odnel - 27/07/2013 04:47 - United States - Arlington

Today, my family and I visited my cousins in Virginia. When we arrived, we found that they already had guests over. I've stuttered my whole life, so when they asked me what my name was, I stuttered for several seconds trying to say my name. Everyone burst out laughing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 177
You deserved it 3 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell them to go F-F-F-F-F-**** themselves

Ali_Br_fml 33

Don't worry about them OP, they're complete and total jerks. Your cousins are the worst! They KNOW about your problem & they still laugh at it. Yeah, I know families are mean and all, but someone who laughs at someone else just because they stutter (especially at your own family member in front of strangers/guests) is worth less than the dirt under my shoes.

Comments

2tone2bone 3

Wth Virginia has some the biggest ass holes ever. Not to mention DC which is one of the most violent areas in America.

Every area has assholes doesn't matter where you go. I've lived here my whole life and there are plenty of great people. Also DC is DC not Virginia....

sailorkristina 11

i've had a stuttering problem all my life as well, OP. just ignore their laughter and tell them to go **** themselves instead of finishing your sentence.

why do all your comments end in murdering..? that's just weird

As much as you might feel shitty about it now, just learn to laugh at yourself. Then you'll come across as a funny, lighthearted guy/girl rather than a delicate flower that people have to tread on eggshells around. Chin up!

skyeyez9 24

My calculus tutor had a stuttering problem. I hated people who made fun of him for that. It's something you are born with and have no control over. -.- People like that who ridicule others for things you can't help are assholes.

my best guess is misterandrew is trying to live up to his profile picture and so far the job is done poorly.

What the **** is wrong with them? And I must say I find a stutter to be cute and attractive.

DeoVolente 13

Honestly there's no reason OP should deserve this. Even with years of speech therapy (if OP even went through it) you can still stutter, especially in nervous situations

I'm from Virginia and that makes me cringe that they could be such southern rednecks to be that insensitive. Just have a couple drinks and the stuttering will go away long enough for you to tell them off:)