Moment of truth

By anonymous - 23/03/2009 00:38 - United States

Today, I was with my girlfriend and she was making me listen to one of her recordings for chorus. As I was listening to it a solo came on, and i turned to her and said "This is the worst fucking solo I've ever heard in my life." Little did I know, it was her solo. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 892
You deserved it 86 452

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohboyscott 0

LOL. shoulda said you were joking, or something.. shit man, you're ******.

Comments

kellster 2

Why the hell did you think she was playing it, dumbass? Way to go. I hope she dumps you and finds someone nicer!

RLJJ 0

#20 : yeah, it's some old greek guy, Socrates, Plato or someone in this team, I don't remember for sure.

It didn't necessarily have to be the girlfriend's solo, people. I was a hard-core chorister myself, and I'll often make my husband listen to songs we did just because I liked them. Then again, OP, though you felt you were being honest and might have thought, "Maybe she's thinking the same thing, so I'll just say it," when people sing (not counting a lot of celebrities*), especially if they've tried for a solo, they're trying their hardest. To insult someone's art, whether it be to their face or behind their back, is probably one of the most hurtful forms of slander that comes to mind. *The reason I say so is that a lot of people will go into the business for money. Not all, but there are quite a few. People in choruses usually aren't paid--they're doing it for the love of music and singing.

wow you should have seen that one coming, ignoramus!!! lol

mandapanda93 0

why would she make u listen to it if i wasnt her solo?? u deserved tht one

Aquaslash 0

FYL indeed. Honesty FTW. She should take the hint and learn to sing.

kjxmlxmon 0

it was her recordings, how could you not know that it was HER solo. but at least you were honest? you're still screwed, but.... there.

dump her, or pay for her singing lessons.

samanthanicolee 0

I'm thinking she will beat him to it and dump him first

cocolynn12 0

come on man really? Even if you didn't know the voice was her she was obviously showing it to you because she was proud of it. If it were another girl singing do you think she'd appreciate the comment much more? It probably wasn't a smart thing to say in any case. I mean I sympathize but that one was coming to you. =/

GL keeping her as your girlfriend... Plus, how could you not realize it was her voice? Come ON...you must be either not paying attention when she talks or a complete idiot. Only way you might POSSIBLY have gotten away with it was if it were someone else who had gotten the solo instead of her... And #45 speaks the truth in this...I know from personal experience.