By Anonymous - 18/12/2013 01:55 - China - Shanghai

Today, I sang a romantic song I wrote for my girlfriend. She laughed at my soprano. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 244
You deserved it 8 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

It really takes balls for a guy to romantically serenade a girl in a soprano voice. It would be a lot easier without them, though.

blackman100 20

It's called vocal range. You should be proud of it and so should she.

Comments

Redoxx_fml 22
JocelynKaulitz 28

I thought your username said Redbox at first ha.

Allornone 35

if that's a Cosby show reference, I believe it's "Justine, Justine!" If it's not, then pay no attention to me. I have issues.

Isn't it a "phantom of the opera" reference?

CallMeMcFeelii 13

"Yibber yabber goober doober" That's a Cosby show reference.

RedPillSucks 31

Probably the "Christine Sixteen" Kiss song

On the bright side, she's gonna remember it as a happy memory? :D

I guess it depends on if he has a good singing voice or if he just accidentally embarrassed himself :p I would laugh if someone serenaded me in an offtune voice, but it's the thought that counts

Maybe op should have payed someone to sing that song he wrote. Fyl op

That's romantic, huh? I'd rather try it myself and do it poorly, because that's worth more to me, and should be for her.

I hope she does indeed remember as a happy memory. And OP, don't worry about your soprano voice too much. Keep in mind that Frankie Valli had a very high soprano and sang beautifully. Persevere towards your goals!

blackman100 20

It's called vocal range. You should be proud of it and so should she.

caohm 18

Justin Timberlake would applaud not laugh, be proud op

jazzy_123 20

he definitely should! My boyfriend doesn't know anything about singing and I told him to sing and he's a tenor, or "tender" as he likes to put it (lol), its hard to do that so be proud of yourself OP! I know guys who've tried doing falsetto for years and still can't get it.

It's a rare talent but it's marketable if you wanted to make a career with it! There are many male sopranos in musical theatre.

RedPillSucks 31

Well, maybe he didn't actually have the vocal range and that's what she was laughing about. Not nice of her though. Definitely an FML moment.

No, there aren't. There are lots of tenors. When there are male sopranos, they are children. In fact, the male voice type that is higher than tenor, countertenor, doesn't even show up in musical theater. Countertenors mostly only show up in opera.

blackman100 20
jazzy_123 20

78, I would assume he is since it says on his profile.

I'm a musician and we as musicians will sing to our songs (it's only obvious we do)!

He wouldn't be a soprano. He probably means falsetto. No guy can be higher than alto 2 after puberty. It just doesn't happen.

Then you obviously don't listen to music lol

jazzy_123 20

72, you should really go to an opera. I was in choir in high school and participated in bigger choirs where women were sometimes a bass (they hit the lowest notes with the men) and men were soprano (they hit the high notes with the women). So yes, it IS possible.

did she atleast like the lyrics? that's rude of her. laugh at her cooking

If it was meant to be a serious thing then that's just rude. Not even autotune can fix the singing voice that my boyfriend has - yet I would be honored for him to serenade me.

She might have laughed..! But she sure as hell better think that was adorable! Atleast you tried. That calls for guts.

perdix 29

It really takes balls for a guy to romantically serenade a girl in a soprano voice. It would be a lot easier without them, though.

StompinOnCrayons 15

It was a sweet gesture , and she probably laughed out of embarrassment though still appreciating the song. I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it deep down , if just the lyrics