By Noca - 23/03/2009 01:02 - United States

Today, I was eating with my boyfriend and his family at a high-end restaurant when, suddenly, I screamed, thinking a dog had just bitten my leg. I am terrified of dogs. I kicked my under-the-table assailant as hard as I could. It was my boyfriend's adorable five-year-old sister. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 292
You deserved it 34 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You did a good job, kids should know its not polite to play under the table in a high-end restaurant. Do wonder why you would think a dog is walking around in a high-end restaurant...

It'll teach her not to bite peoples legs or to crawl under tables when your out eating. It'll save her parents trying to teach her.

Comments

yeah shes okay except for the fact that she is now dead 

:'( You should have looked under the table first.

YDI for being afraid of dogs more than 5-year-old girls. Those things are vicious!

Selsa_Squirrel 0

Like she's going to check under the table before she reacts on instinct. If you're terrified of something, you'll react. The parents should have been watching their kid, especially in a nice place. Crawling under the tables in a common, but rube, child activity and chances are she not only crawled under there, but BIT the girl on the leg. Kid's own damn fault.

The little one is probably ok. I just wonder about op, 5 year olds can be vicious

SailorSolaris 43

217, I'm sure it was a knee-jerk reaction. You know, one you can't control? I feel bad for OP, and I would have reacted the same if something bit my leg.

You did a good job, kids should know its not polite to play under the table in a high-end restaurant. Do wonder why you would think a dog is walking around in a high-end restaurant...

kinda not really your fault if the kid was playing under the table... unfortunate though:/

the only way i can think of is either someone is blind, or they have a mental disability. my girlfriends little sister has autism and is allowed to bring the dog anywhere except where they make food in restaurants.

Why would there be a dog in a restaurant? And what did his sister do that resembled a BITE? Anyway, yeah, that's pretty unfortunate :( I hope she's okay.

he thought there was a dog in there because he's retarded.

she probably bit her. that's what resembled a bite retard.

He? It's a female dumbass. Good try though.

shamniz 0

Just hope for she is okie.. :p you are pretty lucky u knw that :)

pandora_spocks 0

why would you kick a dog as hard as you could? asshat.

Selsa_Squirrel 0

Because it (or really the girl) BIT her, and she's terrified?

Ehh she deserved it, plus it's a good life lesson

It'll teach her not to bite peoples legs or to crawl under tables when your out eating. It'll save her parents trying to teach her.

Your fault. Honestly, a dog at a high-end restaurant?

SailorSolaris 43

If something bit your leg, you'd assume it was a dog most likely, right? Especially if you can't see what it is.

polishswede 0

why the hell would a dog be in a restaurant?

emilee0987 0

seriously!!! and how in the hell r u afraid of dogs? grow up!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
princesskitten 0

#215: What an ignorant statement. Not all pitbulls are vicious. I've known several that were very sweet dogs. Any kind of dog can be mean or gentle depending on its training and environment. I understand you have a phobia, but common sense should tell you that it's irrational to assume all dogs are as vicious as the one that bit you, despite what you feel.

DoorMatCat 3

wow don't say something that ignorant, #215. not all pitbulls are vicious dogs. more people are bitten by German shepherds (police dogs) followed by rotweilers every year. your experience may have been traumatizing, but you were little. don't be so quick to assume dogs are evil. they don't hurt people just for the sake of hurting people, they don't hold grudges, and the only reason they'd be aggressive towards humans is because of how their owners treated and raised them.

But you guys....it's an irrational fear, meaning that it's next to impossible to "simply apply logic and get over it" For example, I'm not afraid of dogs, but I have extreme noctiphobia, because my mom had died suddenly in the night when I was 13. I've tried, but I can't just be like "Oh, this is stupid to be afraid of the night, I'm just not going to be scared anymore!" It just doesn't happen that way.

#215 I agreed with you somewhat until the last. Then you just sounded like an asshole. My brother has a 120 pound male, unaltered blue nose pit bull. His best friend is a cat. And he try's to be a lap dog whenever possible. He also slobbers on and licks new people he meets. Point is, a small number of pitbulls are aggressive since they were actually bred to be docile "nanny" dogs. It is hard to make them anything but gentle, and those that are, are only that way because of conditioned abuse. #235 I read somewhere that it's estimated small breeds like chihuahuas and shit zhus are responsible for the most dog bites/ attacks but they are the least reported. Either way, a fear of dogs can be rational and understandable. But not if you're going to be a dick about it and refuse to educate yourself.

Did she bite your leg? If so, YLIF. If she just touched/brushed by your leg, then YDI.