Meet the family

By OhMeGerd - 05/10/2012 14:56 - United States - Scottsdale

Today, I was invited to my boyfriend's house for dinner for the first time. His mom made a fantastic dinner, so I showed my appreciation by eating the lot. Apparently I was overdoing it because when I looked up everyone was staring. His dad muttered, "Slow the hell down." FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 478
You deserved it 29 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just say it was sooo good and compliment her cooking. Win at least one of them. Lol

Hey, at least you aren't one of those food-phobic girls. My bro dated one, she was insane!

Comments

If it doesn't work out with the boyfriend then the mom sounds like a 'Keeper'

She didnt think she was eating fast she used a british term eat the lot meaning everything

Wow! Were you taught manners? The first time at someone's house & you scarf down food like you've never eaten? Use manners! Slow down & act like you've eaten in public before. I'm thinking he might not be your boyfriend for long.

You would think OPs boyfriends mom would appreciate the fact someone actually was eating her dinner and maybe liked it.

I don't understand the theory of "eating fast because it shows the food is delicious". I'm the slowest eater out of everyone around me. I think eating the slow is appreciating the food because you savor it. Plus, it's more attractive than eating fast; less noisy, less messy. It's also easier to digest your food that way, it spends more time digesting in your mouth & when it hits your stomach it's masticated enough to digest well. The only bad part is annoying people because they have to wait. So I try to pick up the pace so they don't wait long.

You eat slow. Then wipe your mouth with a napkin all fancy-like. After that, you tell her how spectacular her cooking is.

You don't know how to enjoy a fantastic meal. Eat it slowly, and savor every piece of it. Also, modals. Your loss.

I come from a poor family and there was a limited amount of food on the table. All my siblings and I eat fast. If I didn't, I might go hungry.