Meet the family

By OhMeGerd - 05/10/2012 14:56 - United States - Scottsdale

Today, I was invited to my boyfriend's house for dinner for the first time. His mom made a fantastic dinner, so I showed my appreciation by eating the lot. Apparently I was overdoing it because when I looked up everyone was staring. His dad muttered, "Slow the hell down." FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 478
You deserved it 29 004

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just say it was sooo good and compliment her cooking. Win at least one of them. Lol

Hey, at least you aren't one of those food-phobic girls. My bro dated one, she was insane!

Comments

Who cares if you ate fast. However I think the point of meeting the parents is so they get to know you. So compliment her food and talk to them. I think you scared them by eating so fast. I think it's funny and cool when people eat so fast but not everyone thinks the same.

rebel_belle1974 5

With your next BF, don't starve yourself before you meet the parents. Get a burger first.

A simple, Mrs. Smith your cooking is very good. Or Mrs. Smith this meal is delicious. Maybe if you were a Viking they would take, you eating fast as a compliment...

antixx101 0

And if you would have choked and threw up?! Just saying!!!!! -- that's not showing anyone appreciation!!

NOM NOM NOM *sauce drips down chin* "This food is delicious..." *awkward silence*

Did you consider simply telling her that she did a good job making the meal?

perdix 29

Dad sees the writing on the wall. You're probably in good shape now, butt once you land his boy, you're going to let yourself go and become one of those fat, frumpy soccer moms with a shitty haircut. Sorry about the double standard, but only guys impress moms by eating massive quantities. I don't make the rules. . .

Lucious306 7

You can show your appreciation by telling her...

jem970 19

What I do is eat a moderate amount and then help with dishes afterwards. Shows you are grateful and that you have manners. Scarfing food makes parents think you are in a hurry to leave. I know you were nervous OP, but just slow down next time and help with dishes :) wins them over fast.