Looking good

By Kbizz - 03/06/2010 02:12 - Canada

Today, I was excited about showing everyone at work my new piercing. It's in an interesting place in my ear, and it's not that common. Before I had the chance to tell anyone about it, someone asked, "Are you wearing a hearing aid?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 571
You deserved it 32 388

Same thing different taste

Top comments

First, who gives a shit about piercings? Second, who gives a shit about what people say about you?

the fact that you got it in a different place should tell you something-people are going to stare and wonder.

Comments

An earplug in the tragus or anti-tragus could be mistaken for a hearing aid.

perdix 29

They'll love you at the "Deaf Comedy Jam!"

(205) I woke up not to be greeted by the oh so hot girl I slept with… I woke up to be greeted with the oh so hot girls CHILD asking me who I was. From http://www.epictextmessage.com

Shoulda wore a rubber, nothing worse than hearing aids.

RedPillSucks 31

Why do some people consider it an fml that some one in their lives has a sense of humor?

I don't know what any of this tragus and daith stuff is, so I may have the wrong picture in my head, but wouldn't it be pretty painful to pierce inside your ear... as well as potentially dangerous..?

not really dangerous as long as you use a hollow needle. otherwise it can shatter your cartilidge (spelling?) painful yes.

Eep, I hate needles. What if it got infected? Wouldn't it run into your ear canal? I don't know why I'm asking so many questions about this haha. Maybe I should sleep more.

hmm maybe. I know shattered cartilidge can kill you and I could see an infection being potentially dangerous to ones health, whether close to the ear or not. if you get it in a clean and reputable place though, chances are much more in your favor

Opera_Ghost 0

Actually my daith didn't hurt that much at all (kind of like someone pressing down hard on a big bruise) and I have a low pain tolerance for the most part. If your piercer knows what he/she is doing, you should be fine getting hard cartilage done (though it may take a while to heal. Daiths and traguses take about 6-9 months!)

now I kinda want more piercings after all this talk

Gonna be honest...just reading that first sentence, I thought this was going somewhere totally different...

I'm sorry, I like MY hearing aid, it allows me to hear in this world. Would you like me to stop wearing it so no one mistakes a hearing aid for your preciously, "interestingly" placed piercing? Grab your t*ts and correct them, but don't FML because someone mistook it for something that allows so many to HEAR in this world- which you obviously take for granted.

uhm I think your overreacting just a teensy bit. they really never said there was anything wrongg with hearing aids just that they were dissapointed (sp?) that it was mistaken for one. which is understandable. and fml is not really about some big event; just something small in your day that makes you go, "ugh really!" so don't freak out. it's just an fml.

In any defense, I truly JUST got out of a huge battle getting a new hearing aid the other day, so it did kind of get under my skin, only because without it I can't hear anything (I'm fully deaf in one ear and have serve loss in the other) and I grew up up having people point and go "omg what's that in your ear?!" And I'll agree a fml IS a moment that makes you go "ugh, didn't need that right now" but if I racked up all those moments in my life (probably like most of us) I'd have my own page by now.

that makes more sense. people are very inconsiderate (sp?) when it comes down to stuff like that. I can see where you are coming from. and me too. I have these moments way to much.

I feel the same! I have a hearing aid too and this OP makes it sound like it is SO bad to have a hearing aid. I love my hearing aid so I can hear what is going on around me.. especially hearing my daughter's laughs.

Dude. Calm down. She did say that she was trying to correct them, but someone said that before she had the chance. Don't get so angry about everything

laff1234 4

it could be anti-tragus, it's not inside the ear but it could be mistaken for one. and to the girl with the belly button, they are definitely high for rejection, all surface piercings are. it's awesome you managed to keep em. I wanted to do that but the guy who does all my piercings wanted me to do dermals. I haven't worked up the courage yet.

yea I had to drive to like 8 different places before I found someone willing to do it. I really wanted it to slant in a different way so I could get a star, but they said that would be even less likely to work. apparently they won't even do them anymore. my friend tried doing it right after me and they no longer did surface piercings