By Mmorgan771 - 04/08/2015 17:02 - United States - Altamonte Springs

Today, at work, a customer told me how unprofessional my piercing made me look, and insisted that someone else wait on his table. It's not a piercing, it's a mole. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 443
You deserved it 1 721

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is why animals don't make great jewelry. Just think of the poor little mole family left without their father.

qdawg06 23

Honestly, it's a new day and age, I still don't know why tattoos and piercings are deemed inappropriate, offensive. Or unprofessional. They don't affect the quality of your work. But how did he mistake a mole for a piercing?

Comments

This is why animals don't make great jewelry. Just think of the poor little mole family left without their father.

qdawg06 23

Honestly, it's a new day and age, I still don't know why tattoos and piercings are deemed inappropriate, offensive. Or unprofessional. They don't affect the quality of your work. But how did he mistake a mole for a piercing?

OP lives in Florida. Lots of elderly people live there. I'm guessing this was an elderly man who can't see for shit.

Megatron_Griffin 25

I moved to Florida recently...no one in New York really cared about the tattoos or piercings..I haven't been able to find a job here because of my tattoos. I got denied a job at steak n shake because the elderly will be offended. Last time I went there...my waitress had no idea what she was doing ans was incredibly rude. Being incompetent is completely acceptable in this state as long as you don't have a tattoo..at least that's how it seems.. OP do you work near the villages? All those old, rich, and retired people are so rude and nasty sometimes

Extreme cases can be very unprofessional and or plain disturbing to people. Like large gauges in certain areas

A lot of people see tattoos and piercings as impulsive. Rarely do you want somebody impulsive enough to do something near permanant to them working for you.

I think it really comes down to what the tattoo is depicting and where the piercing is placed. i mean sure i don't want some guy with a forehead swastika and a bull ring bringing me my burger or filing my taxes, but a heart or tribal or just some correctly spelled writing, etc. and earrings/eyebrow piercings i'm not gonna think two ways about it.

I will ways stare at misspelled tattoos. ;)

ChopSuey444 20

#40, I don't think anyone's personal beliefs (regarding the swastika tattoo) really affects their ability to bring me a burger. If they refuse to serve a certain table based on their beliefs, that's one thing.But as long as you're polite and doing your job right, there's no reason for ANY tattoo or piercing to matter.

Ali_Br_fml 33

But #52, I'm sure an offensive tattoo would affect the customers. A Jewish customer wouldn't want to be served by a person with a swastika tattoo on their forehead, and I wouldn't want to be served by someone with a "KKK" tattoo on their forehead either. It's racist, offensive and downright rude. You may not be offended by anything, but it's like a slap in the face to see someone bringing my food knowing that they hate my kind, and that they could possibly do something to my food because of that hate. They hate my kind enough to get a tattoo depicting that hate, so what's stopping them from tampering with my food. They branded themselves with that sign of hate for me to see it and to know that my kind isn't accepted there. Yes, there are some things that are unacceptable. Just because you've never experienced it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Some things are just mean for no reason. I wouldn't feel inclined to tip a person with those kinds of tattoos which are meant to make other people feel bad. I wouldn't want to be served by those racist people either.

And that's exactly why when I get my tats soon I'm planning on a place where I can cover them easily

Change it to a mole stud. They're way more classy.

Some people are so inconsiderate. It's a shame.

Seriously, how are nose piercings even unprofessional??

tantanpanda 26

It might seem unhygenic. If I were a boss, I wouldn't hire someone with giant gauges in their ears nor someone with offensive tattoos. I think it really depends on what the tattoo content is, where the piercing is and what type it is.

ChopSuey444 20

You can normally tell someone's personal hygein habits pretty easily just by looking at their hair, skin and nails. It's not difficult. Someone with good everyday hygein habits will keep their piercings just as clean as the rest of their body. I don't see hygein as a valid argument, because nasty skin and hair is way worse when it comes to a food chain.

Xandrick 22

Wow, absolutely NO jerks pressing the YDI button on this one? Color me surprised. o.O

The trolls were waiting for you to say this

Angelrose2004 17

Even the most undeserving FML out there has YDI's. Either because people accidentally hit the button or don't care about anything but earning a badge. Don't ever expect to find one without YDI's. Otherwise, you will forever be sadly disappointed.

JustinJK 21

Yeah the fml team asked for trolling when they starter badges.

Xandrick 22
jimmer23 21

Exhibit A: Why the customer is not always right.

olpally 32

He's a dumb ass customer. Just ignore him.

Kevinmeowbeanz 22