Lies

By Anonymous - 17/07/2009 00:14 - United States

Today, at work, as a camp counselor, I was discussing how stupid the idea of Santa is to a coworker, and how every parent should tell their kids the truthLies. The intercom microphone was on. I single-handedly told a group of 100 six year-olds that Santa isn't real. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 767
You deserved it 72 785

Same thing different taste

Top comments

NEVER dispute santa's reality at a kid's camp!

Comments

Santa could kick your ass any day, man.

Yep, he can with stand pressure from the resistance of the atmosphere that would crush a normal person into a pancake at the speeds he's going, and not even slight discomfort.

you should be fired. you aren't "kid friendly"

holytamole 0

What the Harold Feltermeyer?! How do you know the OP isn't kid friendly?! I love children and enjoy socializing with them, etc, but I agree with the OP that telling kids that a fat elderly man who they've never met always watches them, breaks into their house while they sleep, empties his sack, and eats the family's food is really freaky!

"fat elderly man who they've never met always watches them, breaks into their house while they sleep, empties his sack, and eats the family's food" Please go jump off a cliff and die. That sentence instantly makes you a complete douchebag. I can't believe anyone could be that narrowminded and ignorant. I hope you don't have kids. @OP: you're kind of a dick, but what I really want to know is why the intercom was on for that entire chat with your coworker.

Was there anything false in that statement? :-P

Chocolate_Chunk 2

genius_man, you don't seem to be much of a genius because that's exactly what sanda is. people who'd tell their kids he was real need to be castrated before they get the chance to procreate.

I wholeheartedly agree with number 18. You have no place around small children.

Don't tell me the tooth fairy isn't real now either.

deathbunny256 0

Better than double handily.

if you thought that all kids should know that santa isnt real, why is your life suddenly "******" because they all found out.. didnt you get what you want?

r83839 22

I hold the same opinion as OP, but since the parents already did the damage, it's up to them to fix it. I would never make my kids believe in Santa, but I keep quiet around kids who already believe because it's up to their parents to try to gently break their kids' hearts, let them find out on their own, etc. (Likewise, I don't tell children of other religions that their religion is fake. Figuring that mess out is up to the kids and their parents.) OP can have her opinions and still be respectful, in practice, of other parents' choices. Instead, she accidentally told the kids in the worst way possible, the parents will be furious, and her job is now in danger. She never asked for that.

ohh too bad maybe you can fix it and say it was some kinda joke... aha no nvm have fun dealing with their happy parents!

your_life_blows 0

(cha...cha) JITTERBUG!! (cha...cha)