By Katelyn - 20/04/2012 17:58 - United States - Folsom

Today, I was pumping gas, when my daughter called me. After I hung up, I put my phone on the car roof while I grabbed my bag. I completely forgot about it and only realized when it shot off the roof as I braked at a traffic light. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 570
You deserved it 25 195

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is NOT the correct way to launch an app on your phone.

Where I'm from there are signs all over the petrol station saying "No use of mobile phone near bowser" etc... So I say YDI.

Comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

If they have a warranty plan for things like that, I want in!

Technically, she wasn't supposed to be using her phone while pumping gas anyway..

perdix 29

There's no warranty for stupidity.

itsame0987 18

Actually perdix I do believe Best Buy has a warranty that covers everything that may happen to you electronics. Even if the damage is your fault. So if op Bought the phone from there and got the warranty she could get a new phone. Also, hobos, it is just a myth, a fairly old myth, that talking on cell phones while pumping gas can cause an explosion. People talk on cell phones every day while getting gas. It is smoking next to a gas pump that is bad. Can't decide between fyl an ydi, because seriously who hasn't left something on the roof of the car at some point - usually coffee or some other drink. But I would suggest op invest in a belt clip for the phone or keep it in her pocket.

LoveMay 10

All I'm wondering is how did the phone manage to not fall anytime before OP stopped. I mean, it was on a moving vehicle!

Hey op I did that once...with a baby carriage...

Haha I wonder how many people saw the phone on the car roof :P I'm sure it turned a few heads LOL

Did anyone else first think it was: Today, I was pumping ass?

Where I'm from there are signs all over the petrol station saying "No use of mobile phone near bowser" etc... So I say YDI.

Yeah I have to agree I thought all gas stations had a policy saying not to talk on cell phones when pumping gas. YDI OP.

TheCarChanel 0

You could have killed people

Why would there be a turtle/dinosaur monster at a gas station?

OP should have smoked a cigarette while she was at it!

Using a cell phone while pumping gas will not kill anyone of ignite gas fumes and make a fire nor will smoking a cigarette and pumping gas. You can throw a cigarette in a bucket of gas and it will just go out. Gas needs to be vaporized to ignite like that with a spark you can't just ignite gas with heat...

Why was OP pumping gas while on her phone. Isnt that supposed to be dangerous.

Didn't they disprove that on Mythbusters?

I did that once. Coming home from football practice, I place my phone on the top of the bumper. Luckily, it stayed there.

This is NOT the correct way to launch an app on your phone.

Doc they probably just forgot to put their phone on airplane mode.

What I don't understand is why OP didn't put the phone in her bag when she was grabbing it...

perdix 29

If you forgot about your phone while you were pumping gas, why don't you just completely forget about having a cell phone altogether? They're expensive and you are clearly landline material.

Just keep it in your pocket from now on, considering you still have a working phone....

PrincessesCrown 17

He would, but his pocket fell off duh.

Michael_92 20

Yep. Thats where all modern car manufacturers put phone holders these days...

Wtf? 12 year olds seriously need to get off FML. especially the ones who can't spell phone right.

Anyone who's 20 would know how to spell phone right.

What about TracFone? lol just kidding, learn how to spell! Please?

I am 20. Im guessing you're not old enough to understand lame sarcasm. *Phone :)

LaColombianita 26

I'm surprised it didn't fall off earlier.

How hard did u brake that it was launched from ur car that far?

I was thinking the same thing. She must have slammed on brakes.

BRAKE CHECK *screeeeeeech* *clunkclunk**crash* op: "dafuq was that?"

14- I hope you realize that a lot of us on FML are grammar nazis.