Leave me be

By hipster glasses - 16/08/2013 11:08 - United States

Today, I was verbally abused by a customer at my job. Apparently, wearing "ugly, thick-framed hipster glasses as a fashion statement is a HUGE faux pas." These are my actual prescription glasses, and "faux pas" is not pronounced "fox paws". FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 722
You deserved it 3 724

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sir_ND_Pity 35

He deserved some fox paws in the face for being so rude.

Wow.. Some people are just too rude and ignorant.

Comments

DFresh503 8

I may be the minority on this opinion, but I believe good customer service is a privilege, not a right. In retail situations, I feel the employee should be treated how the customer wants to be treated. Sorry OP, rock them glasses, and add another to your haters list!

I told a customer that once. She reported me to my manager.

As a retail worker: not worth the effort. If you just do your job and ignore them, they're out of your life much sooner.

It was my last opening shift ever. I could not have cared less about crotchety customers that morning.

So? the doctor forced theese glases on you? you had no other choice?

LilFlutter 10

The OP needs the doctor-prescribed glasses in order to see; they are not fake eyeglasses (non-corrective lenses set into the frames) just for fashion's sake, as the customer accused.

The mother of the ignorants is always pregnant.

Well, you didn't have to pick ugly glasses. But, we like what we like. Since you have'em, rock 'em.

I think he really meant fox paws. It's a thinker.

cookie1207 19

I think they look ridiculous even as prescriptions.

Thick framed hipster glasses worn as a fashion statement and prescription lenses aren't mutually exclusive. Just sayin'.