Kids these days…

By jenabp - 03/01/2011 18:56 - United States

Today, while changing my clothes, my 3 year-old daughter informed me that I looked like a zebra. Noticing my shocked face, she tried comforting me by telling me I was a pretty zebra because I was a purple zebra. She was talking about my stretch marks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 835
You deserved it 4 675

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hkgirl89 8

she's a kid...let it slide...at least you know you taught her well, because she tried to comfort you :)

Comments

mapleleafs34 0

well, at least they're still purple..haven't scarred yet:)

56- Are you serious? Why would OP deserve it? Apparently, you don't have any children, and are clueless about what happens to a woman's body during pregnancy. You act like she could control how many stretch marks appeared on her body.

she could've controlled how much weight she gain in her pregnancy reducing the amount of stretch marks, AND she could've reduced the risk of stretch marks by eating healthy, drinking LOTS of water and using moisturizing creams/oils like bio-oil which actually work. I have two kids and NO stretch marks. OP YDI for being a fat slob.

While it's true that she could have reduced how many she got, skin elasticity is different for everyone. My mom took complete care of herself while pregnant, and she still got stretch marks though not that many . I have a childhood friend who is a guy and who also is a health nut and very physically fit that has stretch marks on his shoulders. He was never fat, and his whole family take care of themselves really well. Some stretch marks have to due with genetics and how fast your skin can recover.

Let put to rest your RETARDED notion that you know why I got all the stretch marks I did... I only gained the recommended 25 to 30 pounds each time I was pregnant which was 3 TIMES!!! I drank a minimum of a gallon of water a day and I am fully aware of the fact of the exhistance of lotion... stretch marks happen genius!!

It doesn't say anywhere that she got completely naked anyway. The stretch marks could have been anywhere.

PincheLeti 0
RunawayOrange 1

Viewing the genitals as "wrong" is the exact kind of start to life that allows for the development of low self esteem and discomfort with their sexuality. Who is to say that it's wrong if it's in a thoroughly non-sexual manner? It's just a part of our body.

Are you serious? Kids see their own genitals all the time, and begin to 'explore' themselves very early on in life. Being casual about changing in front or your kid is a good thing; it shows that you shouldn't be ashamed of your body. No need to freak out about it, that only makes things worse, like RunawayOrange said. I'm not saying parents should be naked around their kids all the time and at all ages, but come on, the kid is three!

kids say the darndest things ehh? fyl