Kids these days…

By jenabp - 03/01/2011 18:56 - United States

Today, while changing my clothes, my 3 year-old daughter informed me that I looked like a zebra. Noticing my shocked face, she tried comforting me by telling me I was a pretty zebra because I was a purple zebra. She was talking about my stretch marks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 835
You deserved it 4 675

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hkgirl89 8

she's a kid...let it slide...at least you know you taught her well, because she tried to comfort you :)

Comments

that's not really an FMLl, I thought it was cute:)

why would you have a look of shock from a 3 year olds comment? unless ... maybe your immature your self. ........

All these teenagers on fml say the darndest things. OP nothing can get rid of them other than a tummy tuck. However, most of us can't afford that. Lots of moms have them. Losing and gaining weight too fast makes them worse. My first child was 10lbs and I got some near the end and they got worse bc I lost the weight very fast. I didn't get any more with my second but they have faded. it sucks but oh well... not an fml.

jrsgreenfire257 0

Man, that is a hard way to find out you turned into a zebra overnight.

Jeez, I hate your attitude #39. The human body is not something bad or disgusting =/ Stop living in the ******* middle-ages and realize we have come a long way from such superstition that the human body is filthy.

I LOVE my stretch marks! They feel like cute little Ruffles potato chips.

This was posted as something to laugh at.... I definitely don't have my self esteem dictated by my three year old, hahaha. I am not fat, undisciplined or any of the other things people think they are "clever" enough to call me. I have had three kids... so now I have my war wounds... that's it =0) i eat healthy and fo crossfit. Thanks for all the love from all you who have been offering encouraging words... you rock!!! The whole thing made me laugh... she is an awesome and clever kid!!!!

Hi OP, Doctor here. (I tried to send you a private message but the site wouldn't let me). I assume from your anecdote that your stretch marks are purple? (Your daughter mentions 'a purple zebra'). Whilst this is completely normal in the vast majority of cases, especially if the stretch marks are new, it can mean that there is a problem with your internal steroid levels (a group of diseases collectively called 'Cushing's Syndrome'). I would very, very strongly advise going to see your General Practitioner about this, especially if you also bruise easily. Regards, CH