Imitation

By Anonymous - 20/06/2009 16:06 - United States

Spicy
Today, my husband and I were having sex in the shower while our 5-year old was sleeping. Apparently, she wasn't sleeping and she asked me what those loud noises were. I told her I was singing. Now I can't get her to stop "singing" in the shower. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 051
You deserved it 61 584

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ugh. I don't get why you can't just hold in your moan. Atleast take it out with breathing.. ******* hate when my mom screams for ages. Yeah, I'm a sick little bastard, I know.

Just make sure she doesn't shower when you're having company over!!

Comments

when she's old enough to realise, she will be scarred for life

heehee x] incidentally, my dad's a doctor, and everything body-related has always been pretty straightforward in our house. my parents gave me a nice big picture book about the human body when i was little but starting to read beyond just sentences... probably around 5 or 6 years old. it had kid-friendly but detailed diagrams of all the body systems, including the reproductive system anatomy. it talked about how a baby was created with a woman's cells and a man's cells, all in the woman's belly, though it didn't show exactly what happened *with* the reproductive anatomy during sex. it was enough to satisfy my questions, and then they just let 5th grade sex ed take care of the rest. so basically: give a kid enough boring information, and it will solve both curiosity and overprotecting.

amazingkate 0

that's exactly what kept me from having sex at an early age. my mom made it sound boring and complicated. when my friends had sex at early ages i felt sorry for them.

its just a different way of people thinking, if you had kids I'm sure you wouldn't want them to learn about sex right away either, they shouldn't be thinking of topics like that at the age of 5, they should be thinking of other things. most of the people who read or reply to this will probably say "I'd tell my kids about it" but I seriously doubt that you would. and whats with the guy saying he learned about sex from a friend when he was 6, what the hell do 6 year olds know about sex in the first place?

Roxas_fml 0

Teach her a new "song" to sing then. Tell her the "songs" you were singing are for adults only and that she's a very bad girl for singing those "songs" of yours.

namelessfew 0

YDI for lying to your child.

Ok, so why don't you people who's saying she deserves it becasuse 'she's a bad parent for lying' listen. the OP didn't know her daughter was awake, so she had to come up with a response on the spot when her daughter asked. And if she ignored it, then so be it. But my neighbor is 5, and whenever his parents ignore a question, he asks it over and over until he gets an answer. And to those of you saying 'she should get a babysitter.' When i babysit kids, i stay at their house while the parents leave. Don't be mean to the OP. Sure, you all have your opinions, but her daughters question was a complete surprise, and i think her saying she was singing is a good answer.

naja_12168 3

148, I know the opposite so yeah, it's different elsewhere. Most people agree that five is too young to discuss such things. We're not talking about a pre-teen or a child at the brink of puberty. I agree with your previous statement about the parents though, thanks for sharing.

I don't get all the YDIs. So what, they were having sex when there is a kid in the house and they thought she was sleeping ... oh gasp! The horror! All parents do it when they think their kids are sleeping. Personally, I wouldn't have lied like that, but on the flip-side I wouldn't have told the kid about sex either. Your daughter will probably forget about it in a few months anyway when she finds something more interesting. (Also, from my own personal experience, all the people I've known who's parents were open to them about sex at an early age, or at least were very vague about it when they asked, turned out to be completely fine, while the one who had parents lie to them when they asked about it turned out to be the ones who started having sex/being promiscuous when they were 14 or so and just newly learned about it. Around where I am, anyways. Maybe it's different elsewhere.)

So wait a minute. Having sex around their daughter? I'm guessing most of you read only what you want to read, because you must've missed the "daughter was sleeping" and "shower" part. Unless the kid was in the bathroom sleeping, then I fail to see a problem. Some of you are ridiculous, if a kid is that young, he/she is most likely going to spend alot of time in the house. Are you all honestly suggesting cutting off sexual contact completely? Let's see you try it then.

Iloveyewrawrr 0

Gay children... I hate kids! They're so stupid!

naja_12168 3

"He hasn't grown up scarred for life. People need to relax- there is nothing shameful about sex so if it comes up, why lie?" Okay, luckily for him he turned out fine. Different strokes for different folks. To answer your question, it's because the child is ONLY FIVE YEARS OLD!!! Most parents have the good sense to know that age is too young for such knowledge. They're not trying to intentionally screw up the kid, and guess what? Contrary to what those that share your opinion think, the people who "were lied to" at five or four or six only to learn about it once they reached the age of puberty turned out just fine if not better than the kids who knew all about it since pre-school. There is NOTHING wrong with not telling a five year old about sex. You don't have to lie, but they don't have to know either. And again, no one said that sex is shameful. What people said is that it's not appropriate to be telling a kindergartner or younger child about it. That's a BIG difference from what you're talking about and it does matter. It's not like the child is ten years old, she has plenty of time to grow and learn such things. No need to rush it just because "there's nothing shameful about sex." No offense meant.