How very dare you?

By Anonymous - 18/04/2015 16:45 - United States - Oakland

Today, I went to the dentist for the first time in years. His first comment upon inspecting my teeth: "Meth. Hell of a drug." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 010
You deserved it 11 595

Same thing different taste

Comments

Charles900 16

Yeah, I hate people who immediately jump to conclusions.

Well... Depends if he had reason for saying it

FusionPlacebo 26

Awwww I'm sorry, OP. But you need to take care of your teeth! You should've gone to the dentist a long time ago.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I can't say "YDI for not going to a dentist in years" because I'm in the same boat; I haven't been able to see a dentist since I moved down here to Florida two years ago because I lost my insurance shortly after for reasons I don't quite understand. So I can't judge you on that without knowing your situation. On the other hand, I can say "YDI for letting your teeth get that bad". When I realized I wasn't going to be able to see a dentist for a long time to come, I jumped from brushing twice a day to thrice, sometimes four times, a day. While I'm probably still in need of a teeth cleaning, I haven't had any issues that would make a dentist visit an immediate need, and my mouth is far from the "meth-mouth" yours was compared to; IDK if you can even tell I've been without a dentist for that long at first glance. So, FYL for whatever kept you from seeing a dentist for so long(unless it was just laziness or procrastination; I doubt it was being too busy because if you saw anything close to that mouth in the mirror you should have canceled whatever plans you had and made an emergency appointment), but YDI for letting it get that bad in the meantime.

You can get tooth polish from Walmart and use that (that's what they use to polish your teeth at the dentist) and the tooth scrapers to remove the calcium deposits. Obviously going to the actual dentist is better, but that can be a stop gap solution until you are able to get dental insurance. Also just getting a cleaning is about $60 with our insurance and some places to free x-rays for new patients. Good luck!

Not to be an asshole but you deserved it. You should brush, floss and use mouthwash twice a day. But if it's from another cause then FYL.

Better oral heigene is what you need then buddy

Brushing and flossing... Is it really that hard?

My husband has an enamel deficiency which caused his teeth a lot of problems as you can imagine. He started losing his teeth when he was only 15. Because of that a lot of people have been rude to him, and also made the assumption that he is on drugs. I seriously hate people like that. I hope that you find a way to get your dentist in some sort of trouble.

A couple bits of advice: brush and floss at least once a day, and schedule regular dentist appointments.