History

By catfish - 23/02/2009 22:11 - United States

Today, after class I was chatting with my teacher, a really cool and stylish old black guy. I tell him he reminds me of one of those soul dudes from those '70s movies, right down to the pimp-walk. He tells me he walks that way because he was beaten for drinking out of the wrong fountain as a kid. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 362
You deserved it 52 153

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sweetjosephine 0

shhe/he wasn't steroetyping, guys. Stereotyping would be if you've never met the guy, and assumed he was a soul man. She knew him, and was talking to him, and everything, and said her teacher reminded her of them. It'd be completely different to see a bblack guy you don't know, and assume they're soulful. She wasn't being a dick.

Telling your teacher that he reminds you of a blaxploitation star is kinda... ill advised...

Comments

pissedoff_but_ok 0

they said a black man had a "pimp walk"... i don't think they were thinking at all, let alone questioning strong social taboos!

Altho' I'm sure you didint mean any harm, you seriously gotta be more carefull when making comments or approaching subjects that are delicate for a group of people.

haha I think that's hilarious. And as far as ppl telling you your mean and deserve a bad grade you don't! you didn't do anything!

it's not like she ment for it to be racist. all you ppl out there need to realize she thought he was cool and liked how he walked. everybody seems to jump on someone if they think they're insulting a black person and trying to be racist. if someone was doing that to a white person it wouldn't be that way at all. ppl are more racist towards whites now a days.

kscott88 0

It's pretty pathetic that most people on here don't know what "stereotypes" are. Stereotypes would be if you assumed that your teacher was hip and cool from a 70s movie because he was black. Stereotyping is not telling him that he's hip and cool like a character from a 70s movie. That's called an "observation."

evanedwards85 6

you're the first intelligent person i've seen on here

harrypotterfan12 0

HOLY...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................FREAKIN'...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!

For some reason this comment made me laugh my ass off.

greendaygirl112 0

how the hell is this funny he was beaten when he was a kid because of racism. and OP didn't mean to be racist so stop yellin at him or her

thats NOT funny. poor guy :( i hate racists.

its not racist THAT much... it's bogust though