Gun control

By Anonymous - 17/07/2021 10:59

Today, I took my 15-year-old daughter to our local shooting range for her birthday, as she requested. While she was setting up a target in front of me, I jokingly pulled the trigger and shouted, "Think Fast!" not realizing that the safety was off. I shot my daughter in the arm on her birthday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 175
You deserved it 4 270

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I thought an elemental part of gun safety was to never point it at anyone, even in jest?

wtf were you thinking?! never ever ever aim a weapon at someone unless you intend to use it. this is why!!! that's common sense gun safety. AND you even knew it was loaded!!

Comments

hope your daughter is ok always practice gun safety

I thought an elemental part of gun safety was to never point it at anyone, even in jest?

It is. Even when I was a kid, I had two things drilled into me before I even picked up a rifle or shotgun for hunting purposes: 1. Never point a gun at something you don't mean to shoot, whether it's loaded or not. 2. The moment you take your eyes off of a firearm, IT LOADS ITSELF. The second may have been more mental conditioning, but it's reflex to check any gun handed to me, even if someone else says, "Oh, it's unloaded." Because it's only unloaded when I see it's unloaded. I hope your SO took you to the cleaners in the divorce.

Clearly you forgot the 3 gun safety rules: ALWAYS KEEP THE GUN POINTED IN A SAFE DIRECTION, always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot, always keep the gun unloaded until ready to use. You're a moron

wtf were you thinking?! never ever ever aim a weapon at someone unless you intend to use it. this is why!!! that's common sense gun safety. AND you even knew it was loaded!!

Why would you even play around with a gun like that? Sorry to say it’s people like you who give gun owners a bad name. This isn’t even funny you could of killed her. Your 15 ur old has more sense then you

TattooedOpinion 4

You’re an idiot who shouldn’t have guns.

RowerBud 11

I hope your daughter is okay. You are an idiot.

Personally I actually think that your family should have you declared incompetent to own a firearm and have your guns taken away from you. Nobody who has the neccessary respect for a gun would even consider playing such a prank, even with an unloaded gun. Please either sell your guns or go for beginners gun safety training.

Terry Kath was that cocky, as well. Terry Kath forgot to check the chamber. Terry Kath is now dead. Your daughter is lucky the wound wasn't fatal, but very unlucky when it comes to at least one of her parents. I'd be very surprised if she's forgiven you.