Gummy

By speechless - 02/11/2010 17:20 - Canada

Today, I had a toothache and applied some numbing gel to soothe the pain. Too much came out and made my whole mouth numb. A man came into my work, thought I was making fun of his lisp, and stormed out really upset. He later called to complain about me. The boss just called me to his office. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 946
You deserved it 3 743

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just explain to your boss what actually happened.

"Hey, sorry boss. I have a serious tooth ache and the pain is just killing me. So I deci.... Hold on let me post this on Fml first."

Comments

musicismylife21 5

I know your pain! I just had two teeth pulled this morning. Not fun at all and my whole entire mouth was numb!

SooShee 0

Your boss has just called you to his office, and instead of going, you submit an FML? You should be fired!

imright24 0

Agreed. That shows what type of employee he is.

restythestar 0

I really wanna know how this story goes, maybe the boss wanted to check on you and give you a day-off?

I wonder why people with a speech impediment thinks they are unique? It COULD HAVE BEEN that you also had a lisp.

OP here... Those that maybe have had a "FML" moment and thought about sharing it, you know there's only so many characters allowed in a post. Not enough room to explain that I do have sensitive teeth, and that I also just had visited the dentist recently to have a filling repaired. The nerve in my tooth was damaged causing pain. (Ever had a root canal and the freezing ware off a little? Like that). My boss was ok with it, he just wanted my side of the story. Also, I'm a commissioned sales rep that is not paid hourly. You'd be lying to tell me that you haven't spent some of your time at work doing unrelated things. If you don't.. live a little.

Why do you have a different name than the original poster?

ujonesy 0

on fml and putting oracle in your mouth all while not doing you job? oh snap!

GreyDiaries 10

I hope your boss understood!