Get your act together

By Z…… - 14/11/2012 00:43 - Australia

Today, my girlfriend snapped at me for being lazy and incompetent, and declared that if I was going to behave like a child, she would be treating me like one. This includes safety-proofing the house, talking to me like a 3-year-old and slapping me with a wooden spoon when I do something wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 761
You deserved it 35 980

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Icyghost17 10

I suggest you start throwing tantrums, refusing to eat your veggies, and demanding bedtime stories. If you can't beat em, join em!

Talk to her like she is an old lady DO YOU UNDER....STAAAAAAAND miss

Comments

Lets be realistic. Bitch is crazy. Either leave her or get over it

Have you ever heard idiom "there's no smoke without fire"?

DoubleR_Anna 4

Well now, it's time to grow up, isn't it?

melibear89 7

Make her statements true. Act like a three year old. When out in public with throw fits and have melt downs. Public embarrassment would her stop treating you like that.

Maybe she's telling you something and its time to grow up.

Grow up and stop/start doing.... what? You're reading an awful lot into this post.

I can't believe you people are okay with this bitch's behavior. Typically I abhor the "if the gender roles were reversed, you would think differently" line but in this case I think it's true. If it were a man treating his girlfriend this way, I doubt any of you would be okay with it. OP, what you're girlfriend is doing is humiliating and abusive. Nothing you could have possibly done warrants that behavior. I suggest you prove her wrong and be a man. Dump her and find someone who respects you.

kittycat2007 18

Actually i'd be totally okay with it. He or she is making a point, not being abusive. I'd wager the next step to be taken is to dump the lazy significant other if they dont change.

You clearly don't understand what abuse is. Not only is she hitting her boyfriend, she's humiliating him too, which is also form of abuse. If he really is intolerably lazy and incompetent, the girlfriend should either handle it another way or dump him. My guess is, though, since this girlfriend is apparently the type to disrespect and abuse the one she supposedly "loves," that OP is not lazy or incompetent at all, and just refused to do her bidding, or did something else insignificant that set off this psycho.

Aren't you overreacting a bit? All I see is a game, not abuse or humiliation

She hasn't done anything except give OP an ultimatum. She just wants him to man up.

I'm not overreacting at all. I've experienced abuse first hand, so I know it when I see it. If it were a game, OP would be a willing participant and find it amusing. That's clearly not the case here. I'd also like to point out that you're all assuming that OP really is behaving like a child, when you really don't know that. My ex husband used to insult my intelligence and belittle me too, almost always for completely insignificant or totally irrational reasons. That's how abusive people make their partners feel insignificant and undeserving of respect. It was only a matter of time before his verbal abuse escalated to strangling me. Likewise, it's only a matter of time before OP's girlfriend's becomes startlingly malicious.

44- I think you're both right and wrong here. You are definitely correct that this is abuse, but based on the fact that this is even posted, I would have to say she is not an abuser. A long term abuse victim would blame thereof and not go on a website to vent. Thus, my guess is that op has been "lazy and inconsiderate" by not working, living of his gf, and not helping around the house. Is her behavior an appropriate way to handle this? No......Is it hilarious? Yes

#59, I know living with ADD can be tough, but if you couldn't even make it past the first sentence of this post, you really need to pursue some kind of help.

apparently we have assumed that he was lazy and incompetent but you've assumed that it was not said out of fun and he's taken deep offense from this. I sincerely doubt that, considering not all the situations on fml are serious.

Um, HELLO! She's been smacking him with a spoon! There's nothing fun about being struck. Believe me. I know.

okay I completely understand that you've had a violent relationship past and I understand that relationships can be violent through both genders but do you honestly believe op got smacked across the face with it? because I don't. I think this was just a funny way to get op of his bum whilst probably smacking it with a spoon as a joke. I understand because of your past you would instantly assume this would be abusive but there are some couples, my relationship included, will have play fights, tap each other the bottom with spoons and other such items and it's seen as fun.

She hasn't done anything! She gave him an ultimatum! I think you are over reacting because of your abuse. Besides I doubt a grown man would be phased by a wooden spoon, but that's not the point. OP needs to grow up, plain and simple.

See the sentence ending in "treating me like one", where she makes her declaration? There are more words after that. I'm not sure you understand what "ultimatum" means.

Atleast it's practice when either one of you has a child :D

OP your GF is trying to tell you to grow up and be a man. YOU have to choose whether or not to do so. If you choose not to - as it seems you have by posting this - break it off with her. SHE needs a real man.