By Anonymous - 01/11/2014 18:23 - United States - Cincinnati

Today, my girlfriend came over to my place unannounced. She slapped me in the face, said, "You son of a bitch." and stormed off. I have no idea what that was for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 839
You deserved it 5 514

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This could go either way... I wonder if you did do something..

Girls have an uncanny way of figuring things out... And being psychotic. Good luck figuring out which it is!

Comments

This could go either way... I wonder if you did do something..

That's something pretty intense for a girl to do, unless she's a drama queen

orbit 22

It was for being a "son of a bitch". Don't you listen op?

RedPillSucks 31

Obviously it was because he didn't pick the right engagement ring

Oh it was because she saw you with that lady in her dream last night..

BlockOfRedStone 25

I bet it was because he liked a girl's Facebook status - his Aunt's Facebook status.

Given that she exited his apartment, it seems like he might have to wait a while for that.

Where do you think chasing tail came from? For some reason irrational things in relationships can work. Or don't, like my comment ...

Girls have an uncanny way of figuring things out... And being psychotic. Good luck figuring out which it is!

No, they think they can work things out but no, What they have is called paranoia, and blind luck

Plot twist: OP actually knows what he did (I'm guessing it's a bad thing) but acts like he doesn't know it! This needs a follow-up!

Just talk to her nicely. Apologise(even if you haven't done anything :p).It will get sorted out.Good luck OP :)

I disagree. I wouldn't apologize. I'd leave her. I don't believe people should be putting their hands on each other. If you think I'm overreacting, imagine if OP was the one that slapped the girlfriend. Then would you still think I was wrong?

Exactly. Don't ******* tell victims of domestic abuse to apologise for being physically assaulted for no reason! Good lord.

He should apologize even if he didn't do anything???? NO WAY

I'm really feeling your comments and concern about domestic abuse and stuff.But I think there are some ups and downs in a good relationship, you know what I'm saying? OP's girlfriend must have misunderstood OP for something else and she just reacted impulsively. (I guess there's nothing wrong in there because she had feelings for him :) ).And just think for a second, if OP had reached this situation in a furious manner;things could have gone out of control and could have turned ugly(Lowering one's ego for saving a relationship in which you had invested time and stuff is a good sacrifice I think IFF you love each other and other romantic stuff :) ).If they are in some serious relationship and commitment I guess they will get along and apologise each other and probably slap each other again :p

This sounds like an abusive relationship where OP's girlfriend is the abuser. If there are many other occasions of this OP should break it off.

If the genders were reversed, would you be saying apologize and get along?

I see where you're coming from, but no. It was not right of OP's girlfriend to hit him, even if he did do something horrible. OP, I think you should find out why on earth she would act this way, and if it is something stupid, leave her, or if it is something bad you did and that reaction, while not fully justified, is understandable, then you need to have a talk with her about not putting her hands on you.

If OP was female, there is NO WAY you would you would be saying fight for the relationship. Not even if he just pushed her, not even if they're married, with kids! It's 2014, everyone needs to woman up and take responsibility for their actions. You put your hands on someone, you bear the responsibility.

Wow, this is the first comment thread I've seen on FML that actually takes into account the fact that men can be victims. It's nice to see comments like these instead of the usual "if a girl hits a man then he must have done something wrong and he should apologize." And then there's the lovely fact that if you see an FML about a guy doing anything wrong, no matter how minor it may be, it's an automatic guarantee that the majority of the comments will be saying he deserves to either be punched in the face, kicked in the balls, or both. I've always loved how warm and friendly the FML community is to men. :^)

#118 I know right. Talk about "victim blaming". Women do it just as often. Women do it to men, they do it to other women.

You don't apologize when you did nothing wrong. And since she slapped him, he definitely has nothing to apologize for.

Gaernem 17

Slap her ass in return and maybe things we'll take a different route.

Gaernem 17

Sorry for the bad influence OP. I forgot people on fml aren't into ways to start kinky make up sex.

This site is civilised, you dirty pig

RedPillSucks 31

The kinky makeup sex may be between OP and his prison mates if she decides to file a police complaint. And before you say "she hit him first", it will be his word against hers. Whose word do you think the cops will take? Real life experience is a bitch

He's going to go to prison for slapping her ass? Her face maybe but not her ass.

I swear to god, if somone comes up with that overused line "Well that escalated quickly", I'm going to vote him down to hell!

It didn't just escalate quickly, it shot all the way through the stratosphere!

It escalated so quickly, that it shot through space at 3x10^8 meters per second!!

@34 You've overestimated the FML community's math skills.

funny how you're the only person to mention it, huh?

Misswildsides 22

It's aproximately the speed of light ^^

She's obviously mad at your mother, and taking it out on you, what with calling her a bitch and all...

Like to point out, this is sarcasm... Hopefully

Thanks! If not for you, no one would've ever guessed.