Forgetful

By kiddoc - 26/10/2011 02:28 - United States

Today, I was happily playing with my young niece and nephew. Their grandmother was watching and said, "You are so good with children! Why don't you have any?" My husband died 3 months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 981
You deserved it 2 872

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iSANDRAi 1

she probably didn't know that he died or she forgot. sorry to hear about ur loss tho.

Comments

WadeWilson_fml 6

She deserved her husband's death 41 times? You sick *****.

perdix 29

You have my sympathies, but that really doesn't answer her question. Your husband's death only explains why you are not currently pregnant, and not why you've never had children. You could also explain that being a good playmate for a kid doesn't necessarily mean you'll be a good mom -- there's a lot more to parenting than playing and you may suck at those other things.

punkin_26 16

Way to kick her when she's down Perdix.

Helldemon 32

This, unlike so many other posts, is truly an FML - I am so sorry for your loss

Sympathys for you; sorry for your loss. Grandma is maybe getting a touch of the addle-brain. For those that say ydi, how sick in the head are you?

You should have turned to her and said, "Because I'm waiting for you to die so they don't have to have such an insensitive **** for a great-grandmother."

RedPillSucks 31

Does it not occur to anyone at the grandmother may not be frequently in touch with everyone. OPs husband died only 3 months ago. Grandmother may just not have known.

shanemaximo 7

Because that is definitely the most appropriate response to a compliment. With two young children within point-blank earshot to boot.

tavs02 6

How are there YDI's at all on this one? I mean really people.