Forgetful

By kiddoc - 26/10/2011 02:28 - United States

Today, I was happily playing with my young niece and nephew. Their grandmother was watching and said, "You are so good with children! Why don't you have any?" My husband died 3 months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 981
You deserved it 2 872

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iSANDRAi 1

she probably didn't know that he died or she forgot. sorry to hear about ur loss tho.

Comments

I don't know why I read that as "three years". But this is one of the FMLs most worthy of "your life sucks" that I have ever seen. No one should have to endure the loss of a loved one that early in life, and even if your grandma was ignorant, "why don't you have kids" is a pretty inappropriate question. *leaves rose*

FunnierOnPaper 9

I'm sorry for your loss. I, too, was a young widow. My 1st DH passed 5 days before my 30th birthday. Six years later, a new marriage, and two kids and I still have to endure stupid comments. As for your grandmother, my best guess is she forgot since it was so recent or has the beginning stages of dementia. I know it's no condolence when the wound has been reopened like it was, but one day you will more than likely find it mildly amusing. Take care.

the_poopertrater 0

Grandma needs to stop drinking that instant carnation bitch. :3

Although the OP must feel horrible at being reminded that her husband passed away recently, it does say "their" grandmother, implying that the grandmother who made the comment was not the OP's, but the children's, from the other side of their family. She just simply may not have known about OP's husband.

kiddoc 2

It was my hubby's grandma and she attended the funeral. And we did try for kids :(

noobgang7 5

I'm sorry that your husband died, but it doesn't mean you couldn't have had kids yet.

(continued) OP's husband. Maybe no one told her, given that she's not a part of OP's family.